With consumers and the business community falling for online automotive marketplace Unhaggle.com and its compelling promise to eliminate the time and hassle of negotiating a new car deal – it’s only natural that the founders are attending the upcoming International Startup Festival in Montreal.
Taking place from July 13-15, the International Startup Festival invites talented entrepreneurs with fast growing and innovative companies to present their businesses to top-tier investors and founders from around the world.
“We started Unhaggle because most people hate negotiating or just don’t have the patience to do it, particularly with car dealers. I realized this after a frustrating experience going through the car buying process myself,” explains Andrew Tai, co-founder, Unhaggle.com. “I wished there was an easier way to get a great deal without having to visit multiple dealers and haggling… and now there is with Unhaggle.”
“The Internet has made it easier to comparison shop for almost every product imaginable, so why not new cars?” asks Radek Garbowski, co-founder, Unhaggle.com. “We are the only source that provides Canadian consumers with true market based pricing on new cars by getting dealers to compete online. At the same time, we provide dealers with an efficient way to sell more and faster.”
Launched three months ago, here’s how Unhaggle works:
- Customer builds the exact vehicle they want, selects local dealers to compete for their business and pays $47 on Unhaggle.com
- Selected dealers are invited to submit their best offer for either the exact vehicle requested or an available alternative (e.g., different colour)
- All dealer offers are presented to the customer for comparison
- Customer clicks ‘Accept’ on Unhaggle.com to reserve an offer, providing a small deposit which is credited to the purchase price
- The winning dealer is revealed and the customer personally completes the transaction and picks up the new vehicle at the dealership
“For less than the cost of a tank of gas, Unhaggle offers car buyers the convenience of not having to negotiate with any dealers, and the peace of mind of knowing they got a great deal,” adds Neal Shah, co-founder, Unhaggle.com.
The automotive industry is quickly embracing Unhaggle’s innovative model. The company announced today that it has agreed to be the exclusive new car buying service for integration with CanadianBlackBook.com, Canada’s leading resource for automotive pricing information. Unhaggle and Canadian Black Book will be developing and launching services that simplify and streamline the car buying process for consumers and dealers alike.