After dropping the Manitoba Interactive Digital Media Fund from that province’s budget in 2010, the province’s government has introduced a new Commercialization Support for Business Program to assist with the supporting of product and process commercialization and business development in all sectors and all regions of the province. The Commercialization Support for Business Program will help entrepreneurs every step of the way at every stage of the business lifecycle.
Commercialization Support for Business includes:
- Concept Development (Max up to $25,000) – from concept to prototype development
- Product Development (Max up to $40,000) – pre-commercialization activities like feasibility or engineering analyses, trial production and test marketing
- Product Commercialization (Max up to $200,000) – moving from prototype to market-ready product.
- Market Development (Max $30,000) – materials and activities needed to enter new markets successfully
- Certification Assistance (Max $15,000) – obtaining plant or product certification
- Intellectual Property (Max $25,000) – securing intellectual property rights for the product or process
Entrepreneurs can access the Program by calling their Manitoba government Industry Consultant and/or Business Development Specialist or by visiting any of the Manitoba Business Gateways, a GO Centre or the Canada/Manitoba Service Centre.
Contact information for Manitoba industry consultants and business development specialists can be found at the following locations:
- Entrepreneurship, Training and Trade: