Montreal publisher Meridian4 has signed a digital publishing agreement with Welsh developer Arberth Studios to publish its 2008 haunting adventure game Rhiannon – Curse of the Four Branches Premium Edition.
“We see this new alliance with Meridian 4 as the ideal completion of our strategy for sales of Rhiannon in North America,” comments Karen Bruton, one of the three partners at developer Arberth Studios. “Meridian knows and understands the complexities, pitfalls and potentials of the North American market. We are confident in their ability and dedication in bringing our game to new audiences who have yet to experience our chilling, Welsh, supernatural mystery.”
“We are so pleased that we can make Rhiannon available to the wide audience that digital distribution provides. Arberth have created a game that weaves a deep and immersive storyline that has you hooked from the beginning. With the Premium Edition, they have listened to their community and have offered up features that increase the value of the gameplay. We know that this game is a ‘must’ with any adventure fan.” said Andy Sher, CEO at Meridian4.
Rhiannon is hearing noises and seeing things she can’t explain. Living in her family’s remote farmstead miles from friends and neighbours and having ambitious, busy parents, Rhiannon is alone. Her parents believe her stories to be an overactive imagination and teenage angst. So the Sullivan’s decide to take their daughter away for a break and have asked you to look after their home. The moment you enter, you suspect that something is not right. Rhiannon’s stories are true and the farmstead is engulfed in supernatural happenings as an ancient myth spills over into reality.
Discover dark secrets in this chilling point and click adventure as you encounter an ancient evil lurking in the walls of the home that holds a terrible connection to a timeless struggle between man and magic.
· Set in present day, the plot draws from ancient Welsh myths and legends
· Explore the eerie Welsh farmstead, from the imposing house, to its extensive grounds and buildings
· First-person point-and-click with approximately 20 to 30 hours of largely non-linear gameplay
· Involved multi-threaded plot
· Features classic themes such as: magic, paranormal phenomena, and technological gadgets
· Interact with a comprehensive inventory of nearly 200 items
· Engaging and unusual challenges, mostly plot and inventory driven
· A haunting musical score will send chills up your spine
· Solid chapter structure to the compelling and ultimately uplifting story
The Rhiannon – Curse of the Four Branches Premium Edition includes an in-game tutorial and hint system, interactive map and improved navigation.
Meridian4 has also signed a digital publishing agreement for the 2007 horror/adventure game Scratches – Director’s Cut was developed by now-closed Argentinian developer Nucleosys Digital Studio.
“Scratches is one of those rare games that genuinely gets under your skin. Its storyline, dark graphics and all too effective soundtrack will have you looking over your shoulder and hearing strange noises long after you turn off the computer. Meridian4 is excited to be able to bring this quality of adventure game to a wider audience through digital distribution. We know that anyone who likes adventure games or a good scare will love Scratches.” said Andy Sher, CEO at Meridian4.
Dark Legends surround the old abandoned Blackwood house, secluded far away in the northern wastelands.
For writer Michael Arthate, this cold, solitary atmosphere is fodder for his restless imagination. But Michael soon becomes distracted by the mysteries offered up, as he follows a trail exploring and delving into the secrets of the past. As he is drawn deeper into the story, his sleep is shattered by mysterious noises, and he is plagued by nightmares that cross into reality.
Whose shadows lurk in the dark corners? Is that lonely house inhabited by restless spirits of the past or something more sinister? What is that sound that chills to the very bone…scratching?
Join Michael in a suspenseful adventure, as you explore beautiful and chilling environments. Prowl dark corners and solve puzzles leading to the solution of a tale begun with obsession, and ending with madness and murder.
· Eerie and immersive story
· Haunting soundtrack
· Full 360 degree panoramic viewing
· Puzzles and challenges throughout
· Numerous hours of gameplay
· Explore a Victorian mansion, sinister chapel, forbidding crypt, musty rooms, greenhouse…
Director’s Cut includes:
· An alternate ending that might be more shocking than the original
· A new chapter: “The Last Visit” will have you back at the house 10 years after the events of the original game
· Michael’s diary with more clues and thoughts from the main character
· Upgraded graphics and an eerier soundtrack