via DFAIT – The Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (DFAIT), in partnership with Launch Party Vancouver, present a one-day bootcamp on September 14, 2009, for new media and wireless companies interested in pitching VCs in California. This one-day program will feature experienced investors from both the Silicon Valley and San Diego markets, and is specifically designed to help facilitate access to the California market.
Pitch Preparation topics will include
• What are California investors looking for?
• Presenting your go to market strategy and your business model. Is your business fundable?
• How to effectively present the problem, the opportunity and the solution.
• Presenting who’s on your team, establishing credibility etc.
• How to present your evaluation of the competition.
Pitching Session to a Review Board of Investment Professionals
• 10-minute company pitch to local and California investors
• Instant pitch feedback by the Board
• Unwind after an intense day of preparation and presentations
• Opportunity to spend quality time with local as well as California-based investors, participants and entrepreneurs in an informal setting.
Following the Regional Boot Camp, the Board will identify the early stage companies with the best chances for success in California for the next phases of the program, which are scheduled to take place in both Silicon Valley and San Diego. Next phases will enable selected companies to get maximum exposure to VCs, Angels, business partners and potential customers in order to secure the financing, commercial alliances and revenues they need to accelerate their growth.
Deadline is August 21, 2009