Toronto, Canada – August 27, 2008 –Today leading computer game publisher Lighthouse Interactive, part of SilverBirch Inc.’s video game division, and developer Nitro Games, released six never-before-seen screenshots for East India Company. These print quality screenshots highlight the three basic gameplay elements: strategy, combat and trade. Scheduled to release in Q1 2009, this dynamic real-time strategy war game for Windows® PC is based on the exploits and adventures of the infamous 18th century East India Companies. It challenges players to build the World’s most powerful trading empire as they engage in fierce open sea battles in both single player and multiplayer modes.
In East India Company, players will assume the role of Governor Director of one of the East India Companies or other rival companies. There are eight nationalities to choose from: British, Dutch, French, Danish, Portuguese, Swedish, Italian or Spanish – with the goal of bringing new colonies and wealth such as: tea, spices, gold, diamonds and other precious cargo back to Europe, but they must dominate the other rival empires along the way. Wars will be waged and blood will be spilled. Players will also conquer the open sea and explore 40 different cities, towns and villages. Starting modestly, you will build your fleet, establish connections to far away countries, and keep the rivaling nations at bay. Choose from an array of ship classes and types of transport and military vessels: small sloops, schooners, brigantines, frigates and ship-of-the-line. Create different fleets and assign them to specific trading routes. Controlling well situated ports and upgrading them is one key to success.
Conflicts and wars are inevitable. When hostile fleets engage each other, the spectacular naval battles are fought at a real-time tactical level. Devastating broadsides are fired with a deafening roar and cannon balls tear through enemy ships and their crew. At a tactical level, you have direct command over your ship and give independent orders to each of your other fleets. Fight against the other European powers to create a trading empire that will rule above all others!
- Fight! Declare war on rival empires fought at a real-time tactical level
- Command ships and fleets independently
- Wage war on the vast open sea
- Sink your rivals’ ship or board them to take control in bloody hand-to-hand combat
- Hire and manage your own crew
- Buy guns and ammo
- Repair and upgrade your ships at port
- Buy and sell goods
- Establish profitable trading routes
- Open diplomatic relations or declare war
- Negotiate tense political situations
- Lead the most powerful company in history
- Take over colonies and expand your empire
- Build a powerful fleet to rule the seas
- Conquer strategic ports
- Accomplish tasks ordered by your company or the Crown
Multiplayer (Internet or LAN) Features:
- Supports up to 8 simultaneous players
- Player statistics tracked on the EIC game server
- Raise your ranking by thwarting your opponents
- Head-to-head missions are a true test of strategic skill
Gamers can get to know the East India Company’s designers on the Designer’s Blog, where Lead Designer Kim Soares takes a trip down memory lane all the way back to his first game console experience. Nitro Games was formerly known as Encore Games, and is now a subsidiary of Nitro FX Ltd., a leading Finnish digital media company.