Game Connection has unveiled the list of yet unsigned game projects nominated for the prestigious American Selected Projects 2014. Competition was fierce this year with more than 200 submitted projects. On the morning of 17th March at the Selected Projects Awards Ceremony, each of the 15 nominees will have 5 minutes to pitch their project in front of all publishers, distributors and buyers at Game Connection America. The jury will then award 2014’s “Overall Best Project” from amongst the hugely impressive and varied, international array of entries – based on presentation quality, project innovation and market potential. The accolade of “Overall Best Project” is sponsored by Namco Bandai Games, while Microsoft Studios supports the “Best Console & PC Hardcore” Category. In addition, this year Develop has been announced as the official media partner of the initiative, giving even more visibility to nominees and winners. The 15 nominated projects for 2014 are:
Mobile – Tablet – Handheld Category:
- AERENA – by Cliffhanger Productions Games (Germany)
- The Detail – by Rival Games (Finland)
- Last Inua – by Glowforth (Estonia)
- Django – by GG Factor (France)
- Block Amok – by ALL CAPS Games (Denmark)
Social, Casual & Online Category:
- Hordemaster – by Gamester (Turkey)
- MyGPTeam Turbo – by Interactive Project (Italy)
- Brain Storm – by Genia (Canada)
- Food Truck Heroby – Large Animal Games (USA)
- Infinite Scuba – by Cascade Game Foundry (USA)
Console & PC Hardcore Category:
- Shiftlings – by Rock Pocket Games (Norway)
- Woolfe – The Red Hood Diaries- by GRIN (Belgium)
- Loading Human – by Untold Games Ltd (Italy)
- Platformines – by Magiko Gaming (France)
- GoD Factory: Wingmen – Nine Dots Studio (Canada)
Selected Projects is made possible thanks to the outstanding efforts of its Jury, the board of well-known and trusted publishers. For each competition, this includes the commitment to review each and every project submitted. Game Connection extends a very special thanks to:
- Ed Rumley, General Manager, Chillingo Careen Yapp, VP of Business Development and Account Management, Gaikai
- Vincent Dondaine, Co-Founder, Bulkypix
- Agostino Simonetta, Senior Account Manager – Development, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
- Sarita Churchill-Viramontez, Business Development Manager, Microsoft Studios
- Karol Fuentes-Fischer, Account Manager, 3rd Party Games Content Team, GameHouse
- Katie Morgan, Executive Vice President, Reverb Publishing
- Jun Otsuka, LINE GAME Global Business Development Manager, LINE Corporation
- Jessica Sachs, Developer Relations Manager, Big Fish Games
- Matthew Wilson, Head of Developer Relations, Rovio Entertainment
- Jim Ying, VP, Publishing and Partnerships, Gree International, Inc.
- Samuel Gatté, Publishing & Product Support Director, NAMCO BANDAI Games
- Simon Zhu, Senior Manager, Renren Games
- Jennie Sue, Developer Relations Manager, :DeNA
- Kyu Lee, President, GAMEVIL USA, Inc.
- James Batchelor, Deputy Editor, Develop
In addition and acting as mentor to the Selected Projects nominees, Vlad Micu, Founder of VGVisionary, will be offering guidance, support and advice before, during and after the event, covering marketing, PR, management and business development.
Game Connection America 2014 takes place between 17-19 March at the Sir Francis Drake Hotel, San Francisco.
The Selected Projects Conference will take place on March 17th from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm.