What does it take to write music for video games? Hear from six of the industry’s most accomplished composers with diverse musical backgrounds as they share their experiences and discuss the craft of scoring music for some of the most popular franchises in interactive entertainment. The PAX East 2014 composer panel “Maestros of Video Games“ will feature award-winning composers:
- Garry Schyman – Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1 & 2, Dante’s Inferno, Destroy All Humans!
- Peter McConnell – Broken Age, Plants VS Zombies, Sly Cooper Series, Brutal Legend, Psychonauts, Grim Fandango
- Cris Velasco – Company Of Heroes 2, Mass Effect 3, Borderlands 1 & 2, Clive Barker’s Jericho, God Of War Series
- Tom Salta – Halo: Spartan Assault, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Ghost Recon Series, Red Steel 1 & 2
- Mark Morgan -Wasteland 2, Torment: Tides Of Numenera, Fallout 1 & 2, Fallout: New Vegas
- Billy Martin – Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins
Moderated by Emily Reese, Host & Producer of Minnesota Public Radio’s “Top Score” podcast. Attendees will receive a complimentary soundtrack sampler courtesy of premier video game soundtrack label Sumthing Else Music Works. The panel will be followed by a Meet & Greet / Signing Session outside the Condor Theatre.