Game Connection’s “Selected Projects” is once again giving independent developers the unique opportunity to pitch their games in front of some of the gaming world’s most influential people. Until January 10th, 2014, developers worldwide can submit their projects with a chance of taking home the ultimate accolade of “Best Project” at Game Connection America, March 17-19 at the Sir Francis Drake Hotel, San Francisco.
The contest is open to console, mobile, social, casual and online games at any stage of development with no restriction on genre, platform or distribution method. Due to the incredible amount of applications in previous years, the newly added categories this year make space for an even more cutting-edge selection:
- Console & PC Hardcore
- Mobile – Tablet & Handheld
- Social, Casual & Online (Web & Mobile)
All submissions will be assessed by a Judging Committee of international industry experts, who will curate a shortlist of 15 projects, announced early in February 2014. On March 17th, the opening day of Game Connection America 2014, each of the 15 finalists will take the spotlight for five minutes – in front of all the major publishers, distributors and buyers at the event. In addition, each of the 15 shortlisted projects will receive a free pass to attend Game Connection America 2014 (including a 1020.03 (approx CAD on €700) discount on any exhibitor option), plus a trailer on the dedicated Selected Projects plasma screens throughout the show, bringing them valuable exposure before countless high-level industry professionals.
Alongside independent developers, marketing professionals, agencies and in-house marketing teams from across the industry are also invited to submit their campaigns before January 10th. After three memorable ceremonies in Paris and in San Francisco over the past two years, Game Connection is pleased to confirm the next edition of its Marketing Awards. Chaired by an advisory board of leading industry experts, these awards will recognize and reward outstanding work in marketing and communications from across the breadth of the video game industry worldwide.
The Game Connection Marketing Awards are comprised of eight categories, with all submissions automatically going forward to the ninth category of ‘Best Marketing Team at Game Connection America 2014’. Those wishing to submit campaigns for consideration can do so as many times as they like and across as many different categories as are applicable. Entrants will benefit from unique networking opportunities with other industry professionals and marketing experts, while developing new business partnerships and being inspired by the latest insights on the future of the industry. They will also be able to present their work to the international media and to the entire Game Connection audience of business leaders and professionals.
The Marketing Awards will take place in San Francisco, on March the 17th, within Game Connection America 2014. The categories are as follows:
- Best Digital Campaign: websites, search engines, banner ads, instant messaging, email marketing, digital Point of Sale, browser games and virtual or augmented reality.
- Best Mobile Campaign: campaigns on smartphones, tablets and phones, such as SMS, MMS, WAP and Apps, including mobile games.
- Best Social Media Campaign: viral advertising, buzz marketing, blogs, use of social networks, consumer generated content, and Apps including social games.
- Best Experiential Campaign: exhibitions, events, fairs, concerts, trade shows, publicity stunts, corporate entertainment and all interactive events, which involve consumer interaction with a brand.
- Best Broadcast Campaign: videos, trailers and adverts for cinema, TV, online and radio distribution.
- Best PR Campaign: successful PR campaigns and media partnerships which have generated awareness through outstanding media coverage or public relations efforts.
- Best Original Content: recognizing the most innovative and effective use of original content to promote a video game.
- Best Overall Campaign: awarded to the team who executed the best 360° marketing campaign.
For more information about Game Connection America 2014 and to make the most of the super early bird offers available until December 18th, visit the conference web site.