Cowichan Valley author Teresa Schapansky has announced the release of the first five books in her fun-filled, engaging Along the Way series. Published by Eye Wonder Studios Inc., the series is aimed toward children between the ages of five and twelve years, and has been created with a multi-faceted goal: to entertain, broaden horizons, and encourage young readers. Along the Way books introduces readers to facts, history, geography and cultures which can be found throughout North America. Short stories included in each book feature children who, together with their families, face and learn to resolve real life issues.
The Along the Way series has been created with the intent of encouraging children to be all they can be – all the while sharpening reading skills, which are necessary as they embark on this fantastic path to lifelong learning. These books are available in 51 countries on iBooks, and PDF formats are available through the author’s website; print copies may be pre-ordered by contacting the publisher. Visit Along The Way’s page for purchase information.
Ken Golden, a Disney artist behind such works as Berenstain Bears, The Lion King, BRATZ and The Magic School Bus, has skillfully designed each of the Along the Way book covers.
- Book One – Albert wastes no time introducing himself and his two young friends, Jade and Ben, who are about to discover that they will have to move away, and learn to deal with changes. Tag along with Albert as our prehistoric tour guide, learn some cool facts about Alberta, find some cool places to stop along the Yellowhead Highway, and test your skills with our very first Dino Trivia.
- Book Two – Find the answers to Book One’s Dino Trivia, learn about the brr… ice age and how it affects us still, today. Meet Albert’s friends, Kilee and Michael – follow along as they learn the true meaning of elbow grease. Join Albert as he takes us from Edmonton, Alberta all the way to the Saskatchewan border, and learn about some more cool places along the way.
- Book Three – Albert digs right into the answers to book two’s Dino Trivia, and then describes some of the many cultures and fun traditions that make up North America. Our third short story is about Ryan and Nathan, who learn that they are about to have new neighbours. Albert starts this road trip in Victoria, British Columbia, where construction of the Trans Canada Highway began in the year, 1912.
- Book Four – Discovering the answers to our third Dino Trivia is Albert’s first task, and then find out why people may have left their homes in other countries, to move to North America. In this short story, we’ll catch up with our friends, Jade and Ben, and find out why they had to call 911. Albert takes us on a ferry boat ride from Vancouver Island to the mainland, and we discover some pretty interesting facts, along the way.
- Book Five – As usual, Albert makes finding the answers to the previous book’s Dino Trivia fun! We learn a little about the arrival of the railroad, and in our short story, we discover how it impacted in a positive manner, the way of life of our new friends, Hailey and Emma, and their family. On our road trip, we hitch a ride with Albert on the Canadian Pacific Railway, and visit some really cool places that can be found in Saskatchewan.