The Motion Picture Production Industry Association of British Columbia (MPPIA), Creative BC and the Whistler Film Festival are pleased to present the 2013/14 MPPIA Short Film Award Pitch at the 13th Annual Whistler Film Festival on Saturday, December 7, 10 am to 12 pm at the Whistler Conference Centre (Grand Foyer). Based on an adjudication process administered by Creative BC, the five finalists and their projects are:
- Nick Citton – The Future Perfect
- Connor Gaston – Hard Wired
- Dennis Heaton – The Meet Cute
- Shannon Kohli – Breed
- Carleen Kyle – Shindred’s Monster
The successful candidate will receive a $10,000 cash award from MPPIA, a $5,000 cash award from Creative BC, plus in-kind production services up to $100,000 for a short film project to be completed within one year after receiving the Award. The completed project will premiere at the 2014 Whistler Film Festival.
Don’t miss the Whistler Film Festival world premiere screening of last year’s MPPIA Short Film Award pitch winner John Ornoy’s True Love Waits on Saturday December 7, 12:30 pm at Millennium Place in Whistler.
Creative BC has also announced the following Passport To Market additions:
- Producers without Borders at Berlin – February 6-14, 2014 in Berlin, Germany. Application deadline to Creative BC: November 27, 2013
- National Association of Television Program Executives (NATPE) – January 27-29, 2014 in Miami, Florida. Application deadline to Creative BC: December 5, 2013
- CineMart – January 26-29, 2014 in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Application deadline to Creative BC: December 16, 2013