Ubisoft® has announced that Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag, the latest installment of the award-winning franchise set in the gritty and exotic Golden Age of Pirates, leaps into the next-generation of video games and is now available on PlayStation®4 in North America – rated M for Mature. Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag is the first Assassin’s Creed game leveraging the power of next generation consoles, making this the most beautiful chapter of the franchise to date.
On PlayStation 4, gamers will be able to use Remote Play to stream Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag to their PlayStation® Vita handheld entertainment system via WiFi, freeing up the television for other uses. For a limited time, when gamers buy the disc or digital version of Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag for PlayStation 3 they can download a PlayStation 4 digital copy from the PlayStation Store for a discounted price. Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag will release on Xbox One and on Windows PC on November 19. Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag is now available on PlayStation®3, the Xbox 360 and the Nintendo Wii U™.
Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag tells the story of Edward Kenway, who falls from privateering for the Royal Navy into piracy as the war between the major empires comes to an end. Edward is a fierce pirate and a seasoned fighter who soon finds himself embroiled in the ancient war between Assassins and Templars. Set at the dawn of the 18th century, the game features some of the most infamous pirates in history, such as Blackbeard and Charles Vane, and takes players on a journey throughout the West Indies during a turbulent and violent period of time that becomes known as the Golden Age of Pirates.
Ubisoft has also announced the Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag Season Pass for $19.99, which includes Freedom Cry – a new, more than four hour, self-contained story featuring Edward Kenway’s first mate Adewale, the exclusive Kraken Ship Pack, additional single-player missions, weapons, skins and collectibles, as well as new characters for an expansive multiplayer experience. Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag Season Pass grants a 20 percent savings off the regular price of each individual downloadable pack included. The Season Pass will be available for PlayStation®4, PlayStation®3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and Windows PC.
Also available today is the Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag free Companion App for iOS and Android. In the video below, learn how you can extend your Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag gameplay with this new second screen experience. Game director Ashraf Ismail walks you through key features, including the interactive world map, game progress tracker and treasure map. And see how the Kenway’s Fleet feature will take your Black Flag experience outside the living room, enabling you to manage your fleet and send ships in trading missions throughout the world.
iOS Information: The Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag companion app requires iOS 6.0 or later and is compatible with iPad. It has been rated 12+ by iTunes for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
Android Information: The Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag free Companion App for Android has been rated by Google Play as suitable for Medium Maturity and requires Android OS 2.3 and up.
Login with Uplay to fully enjoy the following features:
- Interactive World Map: More exhaustive than your in-game map; see your mission objectives in real-time, set waypoints, zoom in and out, and search for locations with the tip of your finger. It’s also a great way to involve someone else in your single player experience, your friend can be your quartermaster.
- Kenway’s Fleet: You can now interact with the main game 24/7, wherever you may be. Use the ships that you have captured to send on missions, secure routes and collect cargo and currency. The Atlantic Ocean is thriving with opportunities and you’ll need many ships to take full advantage. You can even help secure your Uplay friends’ routes and get rewarded.
- Progress Tracker: All your game data is stored here, including main mission progress, crafting completion, and your current game status.
- Treasure Maps: Find treasure maps in-game and see them on your second screen while you cross-reference the real-world location on your TV.
- Initiates Feed: Display received messages, notifications from your friends and find community challenges.
- Animus Database: Easily view, at your leisure, all the Animus Database entries unlocked in the main game.
• Kenway’s Fleet, the Animus Database and real time updated information require an internet connection to function correctly.
• The application requires a Uplay account to synchronize your game data.
• To get the most out of your app, you will need to sync with your copy of Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag on your gaming platform.