Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, the LEGO Group, and TT Games in partnership with Burnaby’s Hellbent Games has launched LEGO® Friends for the Nintendo 3DS™ to major retailers worldwide. The latest LEGO videogame adventure is based on the popular LEGO Friends collection of building sets, providing a fun adventure that allows players to express their imagination and creativity.
“We are pleased to bring to life the imaginative and vibrant world young girls have come to enjoy from their LEGO Friends toy sets,” said Tom Stone, Managing Director, TT Games. “Now, they can interact with their favorite LEGO Friends characters, join them on fun adventures, while expressing their and creativity as they play.”
In LEGO Friends, players visit Heartlake City, playing the role as Olivia’s cousin who, with Olivia, joins other LEGO Friends like Mia, Stephanie, Emma and Andrea on fun adventures. Throughout the game, players will complete a variety of activities, such as rescuing a wounded fawn, practicing their soccer skills, choreographing dance routines and training pets. Each of these activities builds the level of friendship with each LEGO Friend the player encounters. The ultimate goal of the game is to become a “True Friend” with each of the LEGO Friends, while exploring and uncovering all of the secrets, badges and rewards in the amazing city of Heartlake.
Using an interactive map, players can explore Olivia’s House, Heartlake High, Main Street, Clover Meadows and Heartlake Marina, all of which are based on the LEGO playtheme. Players can further explore and enjoy total freedom in each core area by visiting the Karate Dojo in Heartlake High, the Rehearsal Studio on Main Street, the Riding Camp in Clover Meadows or the Dolphin Cruiser in the Marina to collect items, play mini-games, complete tasks, solve puzzles, and build objects from piles of LEGO bricks found throughout the game. They will also collect and unlock new pets, each with a unique ability, that helps players solve puzzles and access new areas to explore. Heatlake City is filled with exciting activities, such as rescuing a dolphin and teaching them tricks and discovering hidden pirate treasures with a secret map.
LEGO Friends also gives players the opportunity to express their individual style and personality through various customization options. Players will be able to pick their character’s outfits, hairstyles, and accessories, select a pet or design and personalize their character’s bedroom.
LEGO Friends is now available for Nintendo 3DS for the suggested retail price of $39.99 and is rated “E” for everyone.
- Express Yourself: Pick out your clothing, hairstyle and accessories, decorate your bedroom the way you want, choose your favorite animal as a pet and even pick out accessories for your pet!
- Meet New LEGO Friends: Join your new friends on unique adventures. Help Andrea decide what to sing at her concert, or take photos for Emma’s newspaper article. Enjoy different activities with each girl as you learn about her unique personality, interests and personal style.
- Enjoy Total Freedom: Explore Heartlake City and decide how you want to spend your time. Hang out with your friends at the cafe, play soccer, attend dance rehearsal, or master skills at the karate dojo.
- Build Your Friendships: Help your Friends on special adventures like winning a trophy in a horse riding competition or delivering cupcakes, and your friendship levels with the girls will grow closer to “True Friend” status. On some adventures you’ll even unlock in-game money that you can use for shopping!
- Care for Your Pet: Train your pet to do tricks, groom her, feed her treats, and enter her in a pet show. Each pet has a special skill that they can use to help you on your adventures. You can even trade places with your fun-loving pet so you can play the game from her perspective.
- Scrapbook Your Adventures: Use your in-game camera for photo-ops and create a beautiful scrapbook of fun memories, so you’ll never forget your summer adventures in Heartlake City.