Automated Capacity Control Software provider CiRBA Inc. has announced that it will participate in a live Webcast on October 24, 2013 at 1 p.m. ET entitled “Internal Cloud Management: Bringing Order from Chaos.” This one-hour roundtable will be moderated by Barb Goldworm, president and chief analyst, FOCUS, LLC and will include Jo Maitland, research director at GigaOM Research and 15-year veteran of the IT industry, and Andrew Hillier, CiRBA’s co-founder and CTO, who has nearly 20 years of experience in the creation and implementation of mission-critical software for global organizations.
Internal clouds should enable organizations to empower internal consumers while at the same time maintain a certain level of safety and control. Unfortunately, many IT managers are worried about the ROI from a cost or performance standpoint, and that operationally this new infrastructure will actually add complexity before things get easier. Self-service models and ad-hoc provisioning processes can actually create operational chaos, and there are important considerations to be mindful of to remain in compliance with your corporate policies as you move workloads to this new cloud infrastructure.
Key topics of discussion for the webinar include:
- What considerations should I be mindful of as I build my internal cloud?
- Do the capabilities of my cloud meet all of my business requirements?
- Does my self-service model match the way my internal customers plan and deploy applications?
- What real life stories illustrate the challenges and pain points of managing internal clouds?
- What tools are available to help me better manage and optimize my cloud operations?
- How should I think about managing my cloud resources over the long term?
Register online for this free event.