Vancouver Island indie game developer Paper Machete Games, creators of the real time strategy (RTS) game Attack of the Gelatinous Blob, has revealed what modding capabilities will be available for the real time strategy game. The studio is currently running a KickStarter campaign to assist with development, and will be announcing more features as they become available.
Modding Capabilities Include:
- Level editor: create and share your own levels with the fully interactive 3D editor.
- SDK: build classes and scripts in the integrated software development kit and deploy you mod packages.
- Campaigns: Create your own campaigns with levels and units.
- Groovy scripting: create entities, level code, and items with the Groovy scripting language.
- Game commands API: easy to use API to access game commands and manipulate the game state.
- Game events: Intercept game events, such as ‘unit spawned’, and manipulate them.
- Add systems: Create self-contained systems to add or change functionality to the game.
At press time, the game’s KickStarter campaign stands at $ 1, 817.00 raised towards a goal of $ 20, 000.00 with 16 days remaining.