Calgary’s Sage Board Games is pleased to announce the release of their newest mobile title: A Brief History of the World. Featuring the artwork and rules of the original Ragnar Brothers’ board game, A Brief History of the World is available for a 50 percent off launch price of $2.99. Control the decisions of major leaders, playing the character of Julius Caesar, Genghis Khan, or Napoleon Bonaparte and leading your armies through six riveting epochs in history. In this turn-based strategy game, lead your empire to victory and conquer the world.
“A Brief History of the World opens the world of board games to a variety of new players,” said Chris Ewington, founder and CEO of Sage Board Games. “Brief History plays very quickly and smoothly on mobile, and is accessible to a variety of skill levels. We’re excited about this game because it broadens our game market to a more family friendly audience.”
- Easy-to-learn and easy-to-play
- Spans 6 historical epochs with 42 major empires and 15 minor empires
- Over 40 event cards available to enhance replayability and alter the course of history
- Beautiful graphics and original artwork from the Ragnar Brothers’ board game
- Epic soundtrack, or listen to tracks from your own music library
- Comprehensive tutorial
- Play solo against varying levels of AI
- Enjoy a game with family and friends around the table or as “pass and play”
- Online multiplayer games available for up to 6 players
- Post your scores to Game Center and climb the leaderboards
- Universal app runs on all iOS devices
A Brief History of the World 1.0 is offered at a 50% off launch price of $2.99 USD and is available worldwide exclusively through the iTunes App Store in the Games category. This title is rated 4+ and is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad devices running iOS 3.1 or later This app is optimized for iPhone 5.