A jury of nine renowned individuals in the digital media sphere met in Toronto yesterday and today to evaluate innovative Canadian digital media projects that applied for production support from the Canada Media Fund’s Experimental Stream. The goal of the jury is to provide an external perspective on innovation as well as assess the experience of the production and creative teams with regards to their capacity to deliver the project.
The jury is composed of Canadian and international industry specialists including:
- Wendy Bernfeld (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- Sylvain Carle (San Francisco, USA)
- Suzanne Lortie (Montreal, Canada)
- Siobhan O’Flynn (Toronto, Canada)
- Sylvain Perron (Montreal, Canada)
- Adam Sigel (Los Angeles, USA)
- Michelle Sklar (Calgary, Canada)
- Patrice Slupowski (Paris, France)
- Rogerio Soares (Sao Paulo, Brazil)
The Experimental Stream encourages the development of innovative, interactive digital media content such as console and casual games, interactive web series, apps, as well as software and enabling technologies. Later this summer, the CMF will announce the projects who will receive production support from the CMF’s Experimental Stream.