Independent game developer Nine Dots Studio is working towards the end of their current Kickstarter campaign for GoD Factory: Wingmen, the 4vs4 space combat MOBA will be available on PC, Mac and Linux platforms. The competitive game allows players build their ships part by part and fight massive online battles. GoD Factory is currently on Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight seeking support from the community to finish the ambitious project. Nine Dots Studio has been releasing weekly updates for the campaign, including 4 sets of mystery ships, revealing a Linux version of the game, and an impressive video showcasing the game on the Oculus Rift. With 10 days left to go, the development team plans on pushing forward with more videos and reviews to showcase the visually stunning game.
“We’ve had nothing but positive previews so far, we’re thrilled that people enjoy the game this early on,” states lead developer Guillaume Boucher-Vidal. “We’re excited to show people what GoD Factory can be, but we need the support of the community to finish this project to completion.
The game has come miles since it’s original debut a year ago. The game has received a massive amount of positive feedback in the last 12 months, including previews by Kotaku, Dual Shockers and a full preview video from Total Biscuit from Pax East. The development team is pushing forward to complete the campaign and complete the beta for backers to enjoy by the end of the year.
GoD Factory: Wingmen is a multiplayer space combat sim where the player works with a team of up to three other players to destroy the opponent’s Carrier while defending their own. Before entering battle, players have the opportunity to construct and customize their own ships out of an enormous wealth of hulls, weapons, upgrades and components. Players will first have to choose a unique race, each of which focuses on a different play style and boasts a unique visual look. In the game, the players must destroy different key areas of the enemy Carrier to incapacitate it and ultimately destroy it.
Key features of the upcoming title:
- Fully customizable gunships – Each unique ship is fully customizable with different parts that can be swapped in and out for vastly different gameplay.
- Online multiplayer – Play 4v4 online matches with friends and the community.
- Four playable species – Choose the dragon-like quadrupedal Guantri, the levitating robotic-like Chorion, the plant-like Ar Blossom, just to name a few.
- Intense tactical dogfights – Choose the best tactics for taking out each of the six integrity points of the ship, each point having an affect on gameplay.
- Multiple layers of complexity – Battles can be won in a multitude of ways, giving players the ability to create unique tactical offensive and defense strategies within their teams.
- Oculus Rift and joystick enabled – Experience flight simulation like never before.