After two memorable ceremonies, first in Paris, then in San Francisco, Game Connection is very pleased to confirm a new established edition of its Marketing Awards. Presided over by an advisory board of leading industry experts, these awards will recognize and reward outstanding work in marketing and communications from across the breadth of the video game industry worldwide. There is no entry fee for these awards, and Game Connection is accepting submissions until September 9th. The Game Connection Marketing Awards are comprised of nine main categories, with all submissions automatically entered for the tenth category of ‘Best Marketing Team of the Year 2013’. The awards are open to anyone working in video game marketing and communications, whether in-house with a publisher or developer, at an agency, or independent. Those wishing to submit campaigns for consideration can do so as many times as they like and across as many different categories as are applicable.
Entrants will benefit from unique opportunities to network with other industry professionals and marketing experts while developing new business partnerships and being inspired by the latest insights on the future of the industry. They will also be able to present their work to the international media and to the entire Game Connection audience of business leaders and professionals, with the ultimate chance of winning a prestigious award during the ceremony. The latter will take place in Paris, on December the 3rd, within Game Connection Europe.
The categories are as follows:
- Best Print Campaign: newspapers and magazines, traditional billboard, transport advertising and all formats using standard advertising space.
- Best Digital Campaign: websites, search engines, banner ads, instant messaging, email marketing, digital Point of Sale, browser games and virtual or augmented reality.
- Best Mobile Campaign: campaigns on smartphones, tablets and phones, such as SMS, MMS, WAP and Apps, including mobile games.
- Best Social Media Campaign: viral advertising, buzz marketing, blogs, use of social networks, consumer generated content, and Apps including social games.
- Best Experiential Marketing Campaign: exhibitions, events, fairs, concerts, trade shows, publicity stunts, corporate entertainment and all interactive events which involve consumer interaction with a brand.
- Best Broadcast Campaign: videos, trailers and adverts for cinema, TV, online and radio distribution.
- Best PR Campaign: successful PR campaigns and media partnerships which have generated awareness through outstanding media coverage or public relations efforts.
- Best Original Content: recognizing the most innovative and effective use of original content to promote a video game.
- Best Overall Campaign: awarded to the team who executed the best 360° marketing campaign.
- Best Marketing Team of the Year 2013: this Award honors the marketing team who have distinguished itself by the quality of its campaigns or who inspires innovative marketing of its products and services. All applicants are automatically entered in this category.
Game Connection Europe 2013 takes place this December 3-5 at Les Docks de Paris, France. Early Bird pricing is in effect until July 17th.