Independent game developer Nine Dots Studio is excited to release a stunning video featuring their game, GoD Factory: Wingmen on the Oculus Rift. The 4vs4 space combat MOBA allows players build their ships part by part and fight massive online battles. The game is currently on Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight seeking support from the community to release on PC and Mac platforms. The Oculus Rift is a next-generation virtual reality headset designed for immersive gaming. The futuristic gadget has already turned heads when tje developers launched its crowdsourcing campaign, and now the hardware is starting to produce some impressive software. Mech, racing games and space sims are all naturally suited to VR, providing the perfect fit for GoD Factory: Wingmen.
“GoD Factory: Wingmen is a great fit for virtual reality,” states lead developer Guillaume Boucher-Vidal. “ We’ve been waiting for this kind of technology for twenty years and we’ll get it very soon! We hope that we’ll be among the first games to support the Rift.”
GoD Factory: Wingmen is a multiplayer space combat sim where the player works with a team of up to three other players to destroy the opponent’s Carrier while defending their own. Before entering battle, players have the opportunity to construct and customize their own ships out of an enormous wealth of hulls, weapons, upgrades and components. Players will first have to choose a unique race, each of which focuses on a different play style and boasts a unique visual look. In the game, the players must destroy different key areas of the enemy Carrier to incapacitate it and ultimately destroy it.
The Oculus Rift will provide the ultimate visual experience in an already visually stunning space arena. Players will be able to turn their heads for a full 360 view of the ship and surrounding space environment. The extra views will help the player in both gameplay and for an immersive experience like none other.
Key features of the upcoming title:
- Fully customizable gunships – Each unique ship is fully customizable with different parts that can be swapped in and out for vastly different gameplay.
- Online multiplayer – Play 4v4 online matches with friends and the community.
- Four playable species – Choose the dragon-like quadrupedal Guantri, the levitating robotic-like Chorion, the plant-like Ar Blossom, just to name a few.
- Intense tactical dogfights – Choose the best tactics for taking out each of the six integrity points of the ship, each point having an effect on gameplay.
- Multiple layers of complexity – Battles can be won in a multitude of ways, giving players the ability to create unique tactical offensive and defense strategies within their teams.
- Oculus Rift and joystick enabled – Experience flight simulation like never before.
GoD Factory: Wingmen is set for a 2013 release on PC and Mac.