The Blue Water Film Festival (BWFF) has announced the 2013 “Call for Entries” for their fifth annual festival. Leading industry professionals from the 2013 Judges’ Panel will select the winning films. Monetary awards and prizes totaling up to $2,500 will be given at the BWFF Awards Ceremony on September 28. Film submissions of short films, feature length, animation and documentaries must meet one of the following two qualifications:
- The film must have been shot in the state of Michigan, USA or Ontario, Canada.
- The individual submitting the film must have participated in its production and have a permanent address in the state of Michigan, USA or Ontario, Canada.
All films must be submitted via Withoutabox by Friday, June 14, 2013. All Official Selections of the 2013 BWFF will be shown in their entirety on Saturday, September 28, 2013 at the McMorran Place Theatre in downtown Port Huron.
BWFF Film Selection Chairperson, Kelly Kennedy says, “As the Blue Water Film Festival moves into its fifth annual year, we are thrilled to offer our submitters the ease and efficiency of submitting their films through Withoutabox. We feel this exciting online submission platform will propel the festival to a new level; keeping us competitive in our industry while allowing the recruitment of new and emerging talent through an expanded online presence.”
Previous judges and special guests of the festival have included:
- Emmy Award-winning actor Timothy Busfield (“Thirtysomething”
, “Field of Dreams”, “The West Wing”)
- G4 TV personality filmmaker and author, Chris Gore (founder of Film Threat magazine, author “The Ultimate Film Festival Survival Guide”)
- Horror film icon Sid Haig (“The Devil’s Rejects”, “Kill Bill: Part II”, “House of 1,000 Corpses”, “Jackie Brown”)
- Comedian Loni Love (“Chelsea Lately”, VH-1’s “I Love the 70’s/80’/90’s)
- Academy Award-nominated producer Steve Bannatyne (“If a Tree Falls…”, “Informant”, “Goodbye Solo”)
- Actress Kathleen Rose Perkins (Golden Globe Award-nominated “Episodes”, “NCIS”, “Til Death”, “American Horror Story”)
- Actor and producer Curtis Armstrong (“King of the Nerds”, “Akeelah and the Bee”, “Ray”, “Revenge of the Nerds”)
- Comedian Dave Coulier (“Full House”, HBO’s “Detroit Comedy Jam”, HBO’s “Comic Relief”)
- Emmy Award-nominated hairstylist and director Stacey K. Black (“Glee”, “The Artist”, “The Closer”, “Nip Tuck”)
- Former Walt Disney animator John Webber (“Pocahontas”
, “Lilo and Stitch”, “Hercules”)