HootSuite has announced accelerated growth in the first quarter of 2013. The company’s dramatic growth was largely driven by increased demand among large global organizations. This growth translated into a 272% increase in corporate sales (companies valued at less than $10 billion) in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and an impressive 900% increase in international strategic sales (companies valued at over $10 billion). HootSuite is now available in 13 languages and is used by more than 79 of the Fortune 100 companies.
During the first quarter of 2013, HootSuite:
- Surpassed six million users, just four months after reaching five million users in October 2012
- Launched a Twitter Promoted Products integration
- Moved into a brand new office that will accommodate continued growth
- Added an average of 10 new hires weekly, reaching 300 headcount, including 30 people in Europe
- Added 8 new applications to the HootSuite App Directory, including Salesforce.com, YouTube Premium, and more
- Released Korean and Russian versions of HootSuite, bringing total languages supported to 13
- Brought in major Enterprise clients including the Buffalo Sabres, Expedia and the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
- Launched 75 new social media courseware videos in multiple languages through HootSuite University
HootSuite significantly bolstered its product offering in the first quarter. Among major releases, HootSuite’s integration of Twitter’s Promoted Products stands out as a significantly valuable tool for businesses looking to amplify owned media into paid media. Now both social media buyers and social media practitioners can now work together to simplify the workflow associated with buying Promoted Tweets – and quickly amplify these messages in real-time from HootSuite’s dashboard.
Among the eight new additions to the HootSuite App Directory were three Premium Apps: Salesforce.com, Statigram and an enhanced YouTube app. HootSuite also launched a Developer Program to provide revenue-sharing and other resources to developers who contribute apps to its App Directory.
To support HootSuite’s community of passionate users, HootSuite held 36 global #HootUp events, informational and social gatherings of HootSuite users, in 23 countries and launched a Campus Ambassador Program, signing up 24 ambassadors in 5 countries.
HootSuite University launched 75 new and updated social media courseware videos and made all of its content available with Spanish subtitles in the first quarter of 2013. HSU also formed a partnership with internships.com, North America’s largest online intern marketplace, to provide HSU access to 100k+ registered interns, in order to help prepare today’s upcoming workforce with social media skills and certification.