JustSystems, an international developer of XML editor solutions with a Vancouver location, has announced today the release of XMetaL Author Enterprise 8.0, the company’s award-winning XML editor for structured authoring. Combined with the power of DITA 1.2, XMetaL Author Enterprise 8.0 xml editor expands content reuse potential for authors and ensures that the process of content creation contributes to the timely market release of products. In version 8.0, XMetaL Author Enterprise features an enhanced user interface with menus, toolbars, dialog boxes, styling, and editing behaviors that hide DITA complexity and ensure rapid adoption of this important standard. XMetaL also offers a robust and easy-to implement multi-channel publishing solution for DITA.
“XMetaL Author Enterprise 8.0 is the most user-friendly XML editor to date” says Tim Groeneveld, JustSystems’ Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “Our customers will find increased customer satisfaction, enhanced productivity, and improved quality and accuracy of information documents across their organization.”
Inside the New XMetaL Author Enterprise 8.0
XMetaL Author Enterprise 8.0 allows content creators to efficiently create information that can be repurposed into the languages and formats demanded by content recipients. JustSystems’ customers can combine XMetaL Author Enterprise with virtually any content management and publishing systems of their choice to deliver a solution that can be used by writers even without XML knowledge.
The 8.0 release is packed with new features including:
- Updated application look-and-feel – auxiliary panels feature auto-hide and pin capability; improved panel docking guides; window-tab groups with right-click menus; Office-like UI for customizing toolbars; switchable application themes
- Cross-file operations – find and replace both text and markup; interactive spell-check replacements in Results panel (no need to launch spell checker window)
- Spell checker dictionaries – optionally use OpenOffice (Hunspell) dictionaries with the XMetaL spell checker
- New table operations – sort table rows; fill cells across or down by replicating contents or attributes; fill cells with numeric series; split a table into two; select/cut/copy/paste table row structures
- List sorting – sort lists or list items
- New ways to un-clutter the editor view – minimize tags by hiding element names; hide/show Tracked Changes (“accept all preview”)
- Easier multiple Undo – perform multiple Undo steps with a single swipe of the mouse
- Latest DITA OT – includes DITA Open Toolkit 1.7
- Platform compatibility – compatible with Windows 8 and Microsoft IE 10
Webinar – to see XMetaL Author Enterprise 8.0 in action please join us for a webinar
Date: Wednesday, March 6th, 2013
Time: 10:00 AM PST | 1:00 PM EST
Parties interested in XMetaL Author Enterprise 8.0 can contact sales_na_team(at)justsystems(dot)com for information on pricing or to upgrade from a previous version.