The Canadian Digital Media Network (CDMN) announced today that five more Ontario digital media innovation centres have been added to the CDMN’s cross-Canada network. The additional ‘nodes’ on the network include: The Accelerator Centre Waterloo; Innovation Factory Hamilton; NORCAT Sudbury; NWO Innovation Thunder Bay; and WEtech Alliance Windsor. Along with the addition in December, 2012 of Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre and Tech South East (Moncton, N.B.), this brings the number of nodes located coast-to-coast on the CDMN network to 21.
“Thanks to an excellent climate of collaboration and the strong Ontario Network of Excellence program, Ontario boasts numerous digital media hubs and we’re pleased to add five more to our national network,” said Kevin Tuer, CDMN Managing Director. “These centres and the existing nodes are dedicated to furthering Canada’s competitiveness in the digital economy by accelerating time to market for innovative ideas.”
Here is a look at the unique focus of each of the new nodes:
- Accelerator Centre, Waterloo: Located in the heart of Waterloo, the Accelerator Centre (AC) is a centre for the cultivation of technology entrepreneurship, dedicated to accelerating the creation, growth, and maturation of sustainable new technology companies.
- Innovation Factory, Hamilton: Innovation Factory helps advance Hamilton’s innovation community, serves as an expert resource for entrepreneurs and fosters connections across the community to accelerate growth for all.
- NORCAT, Sudbury: The Northern Centre for Advanced Technology (NORCAT) is a leading private, non-profit organization that empowers clients, staff, and community partners to drive a culture of productivity, innovation, and life-long learning.
- NWO Innovation, Thunder Bay: The Innovation Centre offers support to innovative entrepreneurs, businesses, and community projects in the region of Northwestern Ontario. The Centre looks to improve, enhance and invigorate a commercialization system in the region, and is a driving force to improve economic vitality.
- WEtech Alliance, Windsor: WEtech Alliance is Windsor-Essex’s Technology Accelerator; an industry-led non-profit organization focused on driving the growth and success of Windsor-Essex’s technology centric companies & entrepreneurs through, mentoring, programs and connections. WEtech strives to identify, find solutions and foster the development of the technology industry and innovation sector, as well as companies who utilize technology.
By joining the CDMN, nodes have at their disposal Canada’s largest members-only online collaboration of commercialization resources, immediately expanding their client support capability while enabling national access to their regional resources. They also gain domestic and international market exposure for their organizations and client companies, and have access to unique services that enable their facilities and their clients to leverage proven regional programming and best practices of network members.