Interactive 3D simulation software and solutions provider for maintenance training and support applications NGRAIN® has debuted NGRAIN® Producer®, the personal learning edition, which is available free-of-charge. Producer allows anyone, with or without 3D experience, to rapidly create interactive 3D animations and real-time practice tasks.
“NGRAIN is focused on transforming the way people share knowledge, and a key part of achieving this vision is making interactive 3D simulations even more attainable. Not only is the free-of-charge Producer personal learning edition more feature-rich than fee-based 3D authoring tools, it also offers unparalleled ease of use,” says Josie Sutcliffe, Vice President, Marketing, NGRAIN.
With Producer, the personal learning edition, users can create and update NGRAIN 3D Knowledge Object™ (3KO®) files, interactive 3D simulations that contain and visually communicate knowledge about the equipment system they represent. Producer allows users to:
- Work with 3D models that have been created in any Digital Content Creation or Computer-Aided Design program.
- Import 3D data to the compressed, interactive NGRAIN format using industry leading tools, or the NGRAIN VRML2 Converter (which is available at no cost from the NGRAIN website).
- Create and update animations– as well as interactive practice tasks – using a visual “click and capture” storyboard.
- Add important equipment knowledge, such as part details and links to reference materials, to support training and on-the-job performance for complex equipment.
- Easily insert 3KOs into Microsoft® PowerPoint®, Word, or Adobe® PDF files, or publish 3KOs as part of an HTML page.
Producer, the personal learning edition, allows users to create powerful interactive 3D animations and tasks. Professional users can upgrade to Producer® Pro, which provides access to advanced 3D authoring capabilities and feature sets, including interactive fluid flows, part constraints, callout hotspots, inverse kinematic animations, and the ability to export animations as videos.
Producer Pro can be purchased on its own, or as part of the NGRAIN Production Suite – the industry’s first interactive 3D digital content creation platform that enables media developers and animators to produce fully interactive 3D training and support applications with unmatched speed and ease. (For more on the difference between Producer, Producer Pro, and the Production Suite, view this blog post on NGRAIN’s site).
“Animators and digital media developers worldwide are discovering the incredible potential of NGRAIN software, which removes the cost, complexity, and technical barriers usually associated with doing 3D,” says Sutcliffe. “We are excited to see the results our no-cost software and advanced development tools can help them achieve.”