Polara, the new color switching side-runner from Vancouver-based mobile game developer Hope This Works Games, is now available as a universal app for iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and Android devices running version 2.2 and up. The color-focused auto-runner can be purchased for the introductory price of $0.99 for a limited time. You’ll need lightning reflexes and a quick mind to survive Polara’s 50 challenging levels, and six different endless modes after completion, as you follow an immersive plot line to avenge the death of your father.
Activate boost pads, jump through lasers, and dodge bullets by changing your color at the right time, but be careful: sometimes the most obvious color is not the right one, and the color you leave the ground with might get you killed by the time you land.
Immerse yourself in the world of Agent Lara, a defense system special agent, that finds herself between a massive world power and the sympathies of a rebel cause. Help her down the path of death defying obstacles to find the truth behind her past, present and future. Utilize color coded speed ramps, launching pads, gravity waves, hex bombs, and energy platforms to survive as you escape the clutches of an evil security system hell bent on destroying all those that oppose.
- 50 levels, Hours of Fun—replay modes and unlockable rewards, including six different endless modes, keep players coming back for more
- Easy-to-Learn, hard-to-master gameplay—The unique color switching dynamic is applied in more ways than you would first think possible
- Unexpected Obstacles at every turn—Color-activated Launch Pads, Gravity Waves, Speed Platforms and more will keep you on your toes
- Dystopian future setting—Run through five high detail environments and watch full color hand-painted cut scenes as you traverse the world of the future
- Online Leaderboard—Put your money where your mouth is and compete with your friends for the top scores with Apple’s Game Center
Polara is rated E10+ for:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes