The BCIC-New Ventures Competition started with 146 companies and has now narrowed the field to ten finalist start-up technology companies that will pitch for $235,000 in cash and prizes. This year’s top ten includes companies from Metro Vancouver and Vancouver Island featuring new technologies in the IT, life sciences, and cleantech sectors.
In alphabetical order, here are the 2012 BCIC-New Ventures Competition Top Ten:
- EVT Power Inc., Vancouver
- Kairama Inc., Richmond
- MediaCore Technologies Inc., Victoria
- MyBestHelper, Vancouver
- NaviDent Technologies Inc., North Vancouver
- Pixton Comics Inc., Parksville
- semiosBIO Technologies Inc., Vancouver
- Twothirds Water, Vancouver
- Warranty Life, Burnaby
- ZellChip Technologies Inc., Burnaby
The ten finalist companies have completed three jury rounds, attended education seminars, and met with business mentors to reach this point. All companies will now pitch in-person to a private jury. The jury will choose the winning companies, which will be announced at the 12th annual BCIC-New Ventures Competition Awards Ceremony on September 26th. .