D-Link has announced that its SharePort™ Mobile Companion (DIR-505) – an innovative new and must have product for every tablet and smartphone owner – is now shipping in Canada. The SharePort™ Mobile Companion keeps your mobile devices connected while on the go by providing wireless access wherever an existing network is available. In addition, the SharePort™ Mobile Companion offers USB sharing capabilities with the free D-Link SharePort™ Mobile app, enabling users to share videos, music, and photos from an external USB hard drive or thumb drive to multiple iPad®, iPhone® or Android®devices, offering the ultimate set of features for home or on-the-go convenience.
“Canadians love their smartphones and tablets. We take them on business trips and family vacations because we want to stay connected and like the convenience of travelling with smaller devices. There’s nothing worse than finding out you can’t connect your tablet or smartphone in your hotel room because a wireless network is not available or reliable,” stated Lou Reda, General Manager of D-Link. “The SharePort™ Mobile Companion solves this issue by allowing you to transform any wired connection into your own personal wireless hotspot. Plus, the SharePort™ Mobile Companion gives you the convenience of streaming your digital media library to multiple iPad, iPhone, or Android devices from any USB drive. It’s a versatile device that also acts as a Repeater, Wi-Fi Hotspot, or Access Point. It can even be used as a charger for your smartphone.”
About the size of a tablet charger, the easy-to-use SharePort™ Mobile Companion is a travel router equipped with a range of useful features ideal for business travellers or any mobile user on the go. Perfect for places where Wi-Fi is slow or cannot be found, the SharePort™ Mobile Companion transforms any Internet connection into a personal wireless network letting you share a connection with multiple mobile devices (smartphones, tablets, and laptops). By linking the SharePort™ Mobile Companion directly to a wired Internet connection in a hotel or conference room, for example, users are able to wirelessly share the same Internet connection with multiple mobile devices.
The SharePort™ Mobile Companion also boasts a DLNA enabled USB port that can stream to any DLNA enabled Smart TV. This same USB port, along with the free SharePort™ Mobile app, makes it easy to stream your digital media library such as photos, music, and videos saved on any USB drive right to your Android and iOS mobile devices from an intuitive interface. In fact, you can share different content, to multiple mobile devices, all at the same time, no Internet connection required. Simply plug the SharePort™ Mobile Companion into an power outlet, wait for the red light to turn green and insert a USB storage device, and you’re ready to go.
- Wireless Router – Transform a wired internet connection at home or on the road into a personal wireless network
- Wi-Fi Hotspot – Use multiple wireless devices on a single account at a paid wireless hotspot (airports, cafe, restaurants, hotels, etc.)
- Repeater – Extend the wireless signal from your existing wireless router to cover a dead zone within your home
- Access Point – Connect to your existing router with an Ethernet cable to create a new wireless network
SharePort™ Mobile Companion (DIR-505) at a glance
- Transform any Internet connection into a personal wireless network letting you share a connection to any computer, iOS, or Android device
- USB Port for seamlessly streaming videos, music, photos, and more from a connected USB drive to any computer, iOS, or Android device
- USB Port for charging a smartphone device
- Portable multi-mode wireless router/AP, Wi-Fi hotspot and repeater
- Free SharePort™ Mobile iOS and Android apps for tablets and smartphones
- Wireless N
- One 10/100 Ethernet port
- Supports Secure Wireless Encryption using WPA or WPA2
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) Push Button
- Dual Active Firewalls
The SharePort™ Mobile Companion (DIR-505) is now available for a retail price of $59.99 at most national retailers across Canada.