The Sheraton Parkway Toronto North in Richmond Hill will be the place to be in the GTA this July 6th – 8th weekend as actor, writer, Twitter sensation and fan Wil Wheaton takes the main stage at Polaris in a rare Toronto appearance. Tickets are still available for this weekend’s event.
Wheaton, famous as ‘Wesley Crusher’ from in Star Trek: The Next Generation, currently splits his time between serving as the Internet’s geek-in-chief and playing a “delightfully evil” version of himself on CBS’s The Big Bang Theory along with guest appearances on cable hits Eureka and Leverage.
Joining Wheaton at Polaris will be:
- Miracle Laurie from Joss Whedon’s Dollhouse
- Tony Amendola (Stargate: SG-1, Once Upon A Time, Continuum)
- Neil Grayston (Eureka, Warehouse 13)
- J.G. Hertzler (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
- Robert O’Reilly (Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine) – who will be appearing in full Klingon makeup by special effects artist John Paladin
Polaris, now in its 26th year as Toronto’s foremost fan-run, not-for-profit Science Fiction and Fantasy convention, will be the home of Canada’s Constellation Awards again this weekend.
The Constellation Awards honour the actors, writers, and technical artists behind the best of today’s science fiction film and TV – with an added focus on Canadian contributions. Hosting the Friday night awards will be Toronto native and Sanctuary star Robin Dunne.
Polaris is also a collector’s heaven, with a Dealers Marketplace and our Charity Auction for Gilda’s Club of Greater Toronto. Best of all, both of these are completely free for the public to attend.