Declare your independence with the Assassin’s Creed® III Limited Edition for the Xbox 360® and PlayStation®3, available October 30 in the US, Canada and Latin America. For Windows PC gamers, an Assassin’s Creed III Deluxe Edition will be available for digital download.
It would appear that once again there is great inequality between LE versions, with PC gamers getting the most goodies. I would rather have the three single player missions over the embroidered flag and the belt buckle. Why the short-change on missions DLC for console gamers? I’d ask Ubisoft directly, but I’m still waiting on an answer to a previous email I sent to the publisher on June 28th about the development studio for a title announced last week.
None of the pre-order retail outlets listed for the console version have added the Limited Edition to their web sites yet, so at this point it’s impossible to check on the full list of bonuses, but $120.00 for two things I want (the game and the statue) and two things I could care less about, seems a bit steep – considering I get the steel box and a single player mission just for pre-ordering when AC 3 was first announced.
Assassin’s Creed III Limited Edition will retail for $119.99 and contains essential items for gamers to ignite the American Revolution, including:
- Assassin’s Creed III video game
- Stunning 9.44″ Assassin statue featuring Connor poised to strike with tomahawk and hidden blade
- Embroidered 28″x48″ Assassin’s Creed-inspired colonial flag
- 3″x3.25″ sturdy metal belt buckle to proudly proclaim your allegiance to the Assassins
Assassin’s Creed III Limited Edition is available for pre-order today at GameStop, Amazon.com, Best Buy, Target and Wal-Mart.
The Assassin’s Creed III Digital Deluxe Edition for Windows PC is available for pre-order at $64.99 from the UBIShop and other digital retailers, and includes the following:
- Assassin’s Creed III video game
- George Washington’s notebook revealing the true story of the Assassins and the Templars during the American Revolution.
- Three single-player missions taking players from the high seas to Cozumel Island in search of Captain Kidd’s fabled lost treasure.
- The Captain of the Aquila’s uniform and traditional Colonial Assassin outfit, boarding axe and Scottish flintlock – rumoured to have fired “the shot heard round the world” – for use in the single-player campaign.
- Sharpshooter and Redcoat characters for use in multiplayer.
- A collection of the best audio tracks from previous Assassin’s Creed games
Set against the backdrop of the American Revolution in the late 18th century, Assassin’s Creed III introduces a new hero, Ratonhnhaké:ton, of Native American and English heritage. Adopting the name Connor, he becomes the new voice for justice in the ancient war between the Assassins and Templars. Gamers will become an Assassin in the war for liberty against ruthless tyranny, in the most stylized and fluid combat experiences in the franchise to date.
Assassin’s Creed III spans the Revolutionary War, taking gamers from the vibrant, untamed frontier and bustling colonial towns to the intense, chaotic battlefield where George Washington’s Continental Army clashed with the imposing British Army and tumultuous high seas. Assassin’s Creed III features unprecedented scope and scale beyond any Assassin’s Creed game to date.