The Canada Media Fund (CMF) has launched Canadaonscreen.ca, a website designed to showcase and celebrate Canada’s creative talents and screen-based productions, including television productions, games, Web content, and software and applications funded by the CMF.
“Canada produces television shows and interactive content that have won critical acclaim and audiences at home and internationally,” says Valerie Creighton, President and CEO, CMF. “It’s important for us to recognize the contribution of Canada to the global entertainment industry and this site was designed to promote our talents and to rally Canadians behind screen-based productions.”
As part of Canadaonscreen.ca, several productions that received financial support from the CMF have a dedicated page. Visitors will be able to learn more about each production and access information such as:
- Producers’ information
- Broadcasters’ information
- Awards and sales
- Selected press coverage
- Photo gallery
- Video preview
The CMF invites all Canadians to visit Canadaonscreen.ca regularly to share our pride in the wealth of quality productions created in Canada for national and international consumption.
The Canadian television and digital media production industry is a $14 billion industry supported by 200,000 creative jobs. There are more than 900 TV producers and 3,000 digital media producers. All of them produce content that is enjoyed by Canadians and audiences in countries around the world.
- Canadians are #1 in the world in terms of hours spent watching television with 46 hours viewed per month.
- Canadians spend an average of 45 hours per month on the Web.
- Canadians are #1 in social media as 47 per cent connect each month.
- 75 per cent of Canadians have cell phones of which 45 per cent are smartphones.
- Over 10 per cent of Canadians already have a tablet.