Ubisoft invites you to go beyond the reach of civilization lies a lawless island ruled by violence. This is where you find yourself stranded, caught in a bloody conflict between the island’s psychotic warlords and indigenous rebels. Struggling to survive, your only hope of escape is through the muzzle of a gun.
Discover the island’s dark secrets and take the fight to the enemy; improvise and use your environment to your advantage; and outwit its cast of ruthless, deranged inhabitants. Beware the beauty and mystery of this island of insanity…. You’ll need more than luck to escape alive.
- An Open-World First-Person Shooter – Create your own FPS action and adventure. Customize your weapons, your skills and your approach to each mission, whether you favor intense run-and-gun action, stealthy close-up takedowns, or long range sniping.
- An Island of Danger And Discovery – Explore a diverse island playground, from mountain ranges to swampy grasslands and white sandy beaches. Discover relics, hunt exotic animals, play mini-games, and travel fast by land, sea or air. Fight your way through the island’s towns, temples, river ports and more.
- Uncover A Memorable Story And An Insane Cast Of Characters – Encounter an engaging and disturbed cast of characters as you take a gritty journey into the dark side of humanity, written by a Writer’s Guild award-winner.
- A Different Breed of MultiPlayer – Innovative multiplayer rewards skill and team play. To level-up, players must support each other by boosting with battle cries, reviving teammates, and calling-in team support weapons. After each match, choose to punish or show mercy for your foes in fun and twisted ways with interactive cut scenes.
- Use The Map Editor To Create And Access New Content – The powerful and easy-to-use Far Cry map editor is back, with new and improved features. A community of mapmakers ensures a constant stream of new content, with the best showcased for the world to enjoy. Using map template tools, you can make amazing maps quickly and easily.
Far Cry 3 is scheduled for release on September 4th and is being developed by Ubisoft Montreal, Massive Entertainment and Ubisoft Shanghai.