Angoss Software Corporation is pleased to make available new features to its predictive analytics and data mining software suite version 8.0 which includes KnowledgeSEEKER® and KnowledgeSTUDIO®. The new features advance Angoss’ big data analytics capabilities and improve data mining productivity and efficiency for companies with growing volumes of structured and unstructured data who are using analytics to transform information into insight and action.
The use of big data is becoming a leading means of competition and growth for companies. The new features within KnowledgeSEEKER and KnowledgeSTUDIO version 8.0 enhance companies’ ability to improve business processes and decisions by increasing the types and volume of data that can be analyzed. Data scientists are able to import and prepare massive amounts of data—both structured and unstructured—into memory with 64-bit addressing; and to perform in-database analytics using extremely large datasets and numbers of predictive variables so data can be mined and analyzed faster and more accurately.
Improving predictive analytics is always a goal and Angoss software suite version 8.0 continues this trend. Text analytics with KnowledgeSTUDIO can analyze unstructured data such as social media (blogs, tweets, forum posts and newsfeeds), call center logs, emails and other forms of communications. Angoss has partnered with Lexalytics®, the leading text and sentiment analysis engine provider, to perform text mining to extract themes and entities, and perform sentiment analysis. KnowledgeSTUDIO now allows you to merge this output of text analytics with structured, proprietary data and perform data mining and predictive analytics with additional predictive variables to accelerate your predictive and exploratory power.
“Text analytics is rapidly becoming mainstream as companies recognize that the majority of their data is unstructured, and by analyzing this text-based data they can become more competitive,” said Fern Halper, Partner, Hurwitz & Associates. “Angoss’ new text analytics capabilities will enable companies to merge the output of text analytics with Angoss’ data mining and predictive capabilities—which can be a very powerful combination. For example, companies looking to improve customer experience and retention can benefit from this combination. These are acute challenges in the financial services and telecommunications industries, among others.”
KnowledgeSEEKER and KnowledgeSTUDIO version 8.0 delivers increased productivity and efficiency with new data preparation capabilities. Data preparation and manipulation is made more efficient with new features that allow both business analysts and data scientists to easily import and connect multiple data sources directly in the software suite, and then use graphical wizards to transform the data for analysis—without the need to write code. Data preparation is made more efficient with menu driven operations that allow you to join, append, aggregate and remove duplicates for any dataset. For organizations with big data, all data preparation operations can be performed directly on data stored in their enterprise data warehouse using in-database analytics drivers.
Data mining productivity is also furthered with several usability improvements. Integration with existing database and analytics environments and rules engines now includes automatic code generation options for SQL Function in addition to the options for SAS, SPSS, PMML and Java code. Right-click menu options, ODBC and PMML import wizards, and improved interface labels are made more intuitive with time saving shortcuts for business users who are accustomed to working with desktop office applications.
“Companies that compete with analytics are looking to invest in analytical technologies that accelerate decision making and identify opportunities they can act on. These enhancements to Angoss’ software suite version 8.0 including the addition of text analytics and advances in big data analytics do just that,” remarked Martin Galligan, President and CEO of Angoss. “Some 80% of business-relevant information originates in unstructured, primarily text, form. Data can be mined faster and more accurately with these advances that increase both the types and volume of data that can be analyzed—with improved ease of use and efficiency. Angoss is committed to democratizing the use of advanced analytics with products designed to enable both knowledge workers and data analysts to rapidly solve their most pressing business problems.”
KnowledgeSEEKER and KnowledgeSTUDIO Version 8.0—Feature Highlights:
- Text Analytics – Integration with Lexalytics, the leading text and sentiment analysis engine, allows companies to perform text mining of unstructured data including social media to extract themes and entities, and perform sentiment analysis. Merge the output of text analytics with structured, proprietary data to perform data mining and predictive analytics with additional predictive variables for improved accuracy.
- Big Data Analytics – The In-Database Analytics module is now optimized for use with Oracle® databases. Teradata®, Microsoft® SQL Server and Netezza™ databases are also optimized for use in big data environments.
- In-Memory Analytics – 64-bit addressing of memory allows more data to be held in memory for analytic processing and increases the amount of data that can be loaded into KnowledgeSTUDIO.
- Data Preparation – Import and connect multiple data sources directly in the software suite and then use graphical wizards to transform the data for analysis without the need to write code. Data preparation operations are supported in-database and include removing duplicates; aggregation of data; joining and appending datasets; and generating dummy variables.
- SQL Function Code Generator – Automatic code generation options for SQL is added to trees, regression and cluster models. Synchronized code generation is enabled between Decisions Trees and Strategy Trees.
- ODBC Import Wizard – Users can easily create a connection string or access a DSN to access data stored in any database from multiple tables. Pick tables or views to import or connect to your data from multiple tables and import them all at once.