The First Annual Ottawa Game Conference (OGC), to be held at the Ottawa Convention Centre on May 29, 2012, has announced its speaker lineup, including keynotes from Gabe Zichermann, author and gamification expert, and Jason Della Rocca, founder of Perimeter Partners and former Executive Director of the International Game Developers Association.
Combining speakers from Ottawa firms and developers around the world, the conferences’ business and content tracks will explore a variety of topics in gaming trends, including social game design, location-based gaming, vehicle-embedded gaming, multi-screen experience design, web, console, PC, mobile and more.
Designed to foster growth of the game development industry in Ottawa, the initiative was founded by Magmic, Fuel, Playbrains and Snowed In Studios with financial support from the Ontario Media Development Corporation, Royal Bank of Canada, Labarge Weinstein Law Firm and Carleton University.
Additional participation and support has come from Victory Arts, Invest Ottawa, Export Development Canada, Algonquin College, the Ottawa Chapter of the International Game Developers Association, KnowMads Inc., Northern Army, GlitchSoft, Dirty Rectangles, Interactive Ontario, Sylien, CanvasPop and Generator.
- Jeff Bacon, Director or Mobile Strategy, bitHeads
- Mike Burns, CEO, Fuel Industries
- John Criswick, CEO, Magmic
- Tony Davidson, Professor, Game Development, Algonquin College
- Jason Della Roca, Founder, Perimeter Partners
- Sudhir Didee, Group Product Manager, Microsoft
- Josh Garellek, CEO, Arctic Empire
- Phil Giroux, Director, Mobile Practice, Lixar
- Phil Glofcheskie, Creative Director, Fuel Industries
- Zack Karlsson – Vice President, Business Development and Digital Platforms, Capcom
- Dominic Laberge, Computer Systems Analyst, Microsoft
- Gabriel Leblanc, AI Programmer, Eidos
- Frederic Lilegren, CEO, Antic Entertainment
- David Nicholson, Co-Founder, MyMusic, Inc.
- Pete Nofelt, Senior Software Engineer, FourSquare
- Joshua Ostrowalker, CTO, Magmic
- Kris Piotrowski, Creative Director, Capybara Games
- Patrick Plourde, Editorial Game Design, Ubisoft
- Scott Simpson, CEO, bitHeads/Playbrains
- Gavriel State, Founder & CTO, TransGaming
- Jean-Sylvain Sormany, President, Snowed In Studios
- Jon Walsh, CEO, Fuse Powered
- Careen Yapp, VP, Licensing & Business Development, Konami
- Gabe Zichermann, Author Game-Based Marketing
The day also includes an industry tutorial hosted by the Entertainment Software Association of Canada.
Registration, which includes catered lunch and an after party, is $175 until May 22, and $95 for students.