Via Trade Commissioners Vancouver Office & digiBC: If you have a mobile game for Android and are interested in getting on PapapyaMobile”s North American or China platforms, you should join this event. If you are interested in a one-on-one meeting with Papaya following the event, please contact Victoria Hayes at the Trade Commissioner’s Office.
Launched in 2008, PapayaMobile is an open mobile social network for Android which focuses on casual gaming and virtual currency. Papaya offers developers an easy and efficient way to reach users worldwide. Papaya for Android offers users a complete social gaming experience in one easy to use app. Papaya will host three sessions described (briefly) below
1. Climbing Google Play Rankings: It’s a commonly held myth that to attain high rankings in your category on Google’s Play Store (formally Android Market) you need at least $10,000s to have the slightest hope in hitting the top 10. We will cover practical advice on how your games can climb Google Play Rankings.
2. Current State of Mobile App Discovery: With over a million apps in the App Store and Google Play, it has become increasingly challenging for developers to distribute and users to find the next game. AAA developers have also begun ramping up marketing spend, making it more difficult for indie developers to succeed on these stores. We will cover some of the obstacles developers will face for app discovery in 2012 and what solutions have been proven to work.
3. China’s Mobile Game Market: As Western mobile game developers look to extend their reach, the Chinese market offers new opportunities for rapid growth, consisting of more than 900 million wireless subscribers and a virtual goods market projected to reach $5 billion in 2012. We will discuss these challenges and the market solutions available to overcome these challenges.
Registration (via DigiBC) – If you are also interested in a one-on-one meeting with PapayaMobile, please provide a short profile of your company and include any specific interests you have with Papaya.
- Date: Wednesday, June 6th, 2012
- Time: 09:00 – 11:30
- Location: BC Showcase, Ice Rink Level – Robson Square, Suite 1700, 800 Robson Street
- Cost: FREE-DigiBC members/ $22.00-Non-members
- Hosted by: DigiBC, Foreign Affairs & International Trade Canada and BC Ministry of Jobs, Tourism and Innovation
- 9:00 – 9:30 Registration & Breakfast
- 9:30 – 10:00 About Papaya Mobile
- 10:00 – 10:30 Climbing Google Play Rankings
- 10:30 – 11:00 Current State of Mobile App Discovery
- 11:00 – 11:30 China’s Mobile Game Market