According to the event’s site, SocialHRCamp is an un-conference that explores how Human Resources professionals around the world can leverage social media to create and generate unparalleled business value. There will be two of these events in Canada. The first is on May 16th in Vancouver, the second will be in Toronto on August 23rd.
Pulling again from the event’s website, “the theme of SocialHRCamp is integrating and leveraging social media within the Human Resources function to create unparalleled business value. SocialHRCamp will have 2 tracks: beginner and advanced with each session being 45 minutes in length. However, mega-sessions will be integrated into each Camp as appropriate that are 1-hour long. Session leaders/speakers will range in expertise and profile within the business community.”
The Vancouver version will be hosted at Talent Technology’s headquarters in Richmond and features:
- Andrea Shillington – Founder, Brands For The People
- Nick Kellet – Co-Founder, List.ly
- Salima Nathoo – Founder & Chief Igniter, GLOW Consulting
- Geoff Webb – CEO, Radical Events
- Yume Tabo – Social Media Marketer, Nurse Next Door
- Amber Turnau – Public Relations & Social Media Strategist, Blogger, Ski Industry Professional
- Avi Lambert – Strategic Social Communication, Social Technology and Media Consulting
- Heather Clifford – Founder/Owner, Keep it Simple Social Media
- Kevin Grossman – Chief Strategy Officer, Fisher Vista, LLC & HRmarketer.com
- Rebecca Coleman – Social Media Marketing Strategist, Rebecca Coleman Marketing & Media Relations
- Kemp Edmonds – Consultant, Speaker, Educator & Creator
- Lexi Kubrak – Manager Business Development, Radical Events
SocialHRCamp Vancouver Topics
- Social Recruiting
- Social Performance
- Social Selling
Tickets for Vancouver are available now and cost $99.00. The Social HR Camp runs from 8:30am until 5:15pm.
Not many details for the Toronto camp have been released other than the date – August 23rd – and location – Ted Rogers School of Management at Ryerson University, so keep an eye on the event’s site for further details.