VanArts is proud to present a Masterclass in Animation & Story Development, featuring instructors Matthew Luhn (Head of Story) and Andrew Gordon (Animator), both from Pixar Animation Studios. The 2012 Class Tour begins on June 22 in Chicago and ends in Vancouver on September 28th.
This exceptional 2-day class offers participants an extremely rare and exciting opportunity to learn from the industry’s top talent. It provides you with the tools needed to help create your own stories and feature-quality animation, plus offers a great opportunity to meet and network with others in the industry.
- June 22-23: Chicago – register
- June 29-30: Seattle – register
- July 13-14: Miami – register
- July 27-28: Toronto
- September 28-29: Vancouver
Tickets for Toronto and Vancouver are not yet on sale, but you can sign up to receive sales alerts. If you have an interest or aspirations in this field, you definitely won’t want to miss this event.
This masterclass would be of interest and great value to a wide range of participants:
- professionals at all levels of skill & experience including:
- character designers
- script & story writers, story tellers
- developers of feature films, short films, online works, websites, etc. (not just animated)
- developers/designers of video games, online games, mobile device apps, etc.
- book writers, authors and publishers… anyone who needs to tell a good story!
- artists, including: storyboard artists, cartoonists, illustrators, graphic designers, etc.
- students, enthusiasts and hobbyists of animation and/or story, including those who just want to quickly “get a taste of what’s involved” to help them make a career choice (although this is not a beginner-level class)
- software developers, especially pertaining to 2D/3D animation, modeling, compositing, motion, VFX, simulation, rendering, etc.
- lovers of Pixar and its films who are simply interested in what goes on behind the scenes within the industry