Fuse Powered Inc., in partnership with Beach Cooler Games and Universal Partnerships & Licensing, have announced the release of Universal Movie Tycoon for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. Free to download on the iTunes App Store, this builder offers a unique cinematic twist on the casual sim genre.
Players take the reins of Hollywood’s most famous backlot in the world’s largest working movie studio, building Universal Pictures from the ground up, and making versions of beloved blockbusters like E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial, The Mummy, Jurassic Park and Bridget Jones’s Diary.
Universal marks its 100th anniversary in 2012, and the game release is timed with a yearlong celebration honoring the studio’s rich film history and cultural legacy.
“Universal Movie Tycoon steps the city-building genre up a notch by incorporating classic movies players already have a connection with,” explains Jon Walsh, CEO of Fuse Powered. “This game lets players have an imaginary hand in the production of their favorite films, bringing gamers and fans closer to the big screen.”
“Who wouldn’t want to take the reins of the world’s most famous movie studio and build their own exciting studio lot,” says Jon Walsh, CEO of Fuse Powered. “We’re thrilled to bring players the opportunity to re-create the real blockbuster movies and a legacy of classic films they know and love and experience the magic of Hollywood.”
Universal Movie Tycoon invites players to build amazing sets, attract famous actors and directors, manage top-of-the-line studios, and buy new scripts to produce the most profitable movies in Hollywood.
- Make over 35 blockbuster films from the Universal Pictures library
- Marquee sets for such famous movies as Jurassic Park, E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial, Back to the Future, Jaws, Despicable Me, The Fast and the Furious and many more
- Dazzling high-resolution set pieces and props
- Over 15 studio buildings to add life to your studio. Build recording studios, executive offices, trailers, equipment warehouses and more
- Decorate with trees, flowers, shrubs, statues, roads, topiaries and more. Decorations and buildings contribute to your studio rating to help your movies make top dollar
- Universal app – works on iPhone 3Gs+, iPad 1+ and the iPod Touch 4th gen+
- Compatible with iOS v3.1+
Top In-App Purchases:
- Frame of Movie Magic $1.99
- Clip of Movie Magic $4.99
- Reel of Movie Magic $9.99
- Handful of Coins $1.99
- Box office of M.M. $24.99
- Theater of Movie Magic $49.99
- Pouch of Coins $4.99