For the 12th year, the BCIC-New Ventures Competition will award cash prizes to early-stage technology startups viewed to have the most potential for success by a panel of judges.The $325,000 BCIC-New Ventures Competition is now accepting registrations until the deadline on April 17, 2012.
Over the years, more than 1,400 B.C. companies have participated in the six-month, four-round competition offering networking, learning and mentoring sessions.
Past winners include:
- AirG (2001 first prize winner)
- Augurex Life Sciences (2007 first prize winner)
- Saltworks Technologies (2008 first prize winner)
- Pulse Energy (2008 second prize winner)
- LightIntegra (2009 first prize winner)
- Hiretheworld.com (2010 first prize winner)
This year’s prizes include:
- $100,000 BCIC First Prize Package
- $55,000 BCIC Second Prize Package
- $35,000 BCIC Third Prize Package
- $40,000 BC Hydro Sustainability Prize
- $30,000 Shildroth Agritech Innovation First Prize
- $20,000 Shildroth Agritech Innovation Second Prize
- $20,000 BC Bioenergy Network Prize
- $15,000 Vancity Social Venture Prize
- Plug and Play Prize (value $10,000)
Please note that prizes may change without notice.
The competition is open to any B.C. resident or business with a technology-focused idea that has not yet secured more than $500,000 in financing from external investors (i.e. investors other than friends, family and company founders).
Don’t forget about the 10-week seminar and networking series that will be starting on Wednesday April 4th. First topic is Assessing the Opportunity with Ralph Turfus.
With an incredible line-up of speakers this year, the seminars are a great mix of education and networking every week. All seminars are open to the general public.