Corel has announced the release of Corel® VideoStudio® Pro X5, the most comprehensive version of the company’s award-winning video editing software. VideoStudio Pro X5 breaks new ground with the introduction of screen recording and HTML5 authoring capabilities, multi-core acceleration, and advanced video compositing while still maintaining the key elements that users have come to know and love. With outstanding speed, a robust collection of creative tools, and its user-friendly approach, Corel VideoStudio Pro X5 continues to break down the barriers to video editing, opening the door to truly inspired and diverse productions.
“Consumers have come to appreciate VideoStudio Pro for its uncomplicated approach to movie making, speed and impressive creative effects,” said Jan Piros, Senior Product Manager, Digital Media at Corel. “With VideoStudio Pro X5, we’ve furthered our commitment to overall performance and innovation by offering powerful new features and category-crossing tools like screen recording and HTML5. From YouTubers and home video editors, to small business owners and educators, VideoStudio Pro X5 enables a wide range of possibilities in video.”
VideoStudio Pro X5 is the first video editor to support HTML5, the innovative web technology that’s revolutionizing online video distribution and consumption. Users can generate hyperlinked on-screen cue and chapter points, graphics and titles, perfect for anyone looking to create a complete interactive on-line video experience.
“HTML5 offers a lot of possibilities for consumers who aspire to see their videos integrated onto web sites. Since HTML5 video can be played natively within any browser, it offers a much more robust, flexible solution for developers who have been constrained by funneling content through plug-ins,” said Rob Enderle, President and Principal Analyst of the Enderle Group. “VideoStudio Pro X5 is a pioneer in its category because it marks the first time we’re seeing HTML5 video creation placed in the hands of consumers. This vastly broadens the number of people capable of generating low cost interactive HTML5 multimedia content. This in turn should increase dramatically the rich user generated content integrated into cutting edge web sites.”
Corel VideoStudio Pro X5 Offers New Tools for More Dynamic and Interactive Video
- New! HTML5 authoring: Users can now easily create HTML5 videos, complete with hyperlinked on-screen cue and chapter points. As VideoStudio Pro X5 outputs HTML5 videos in both WebM and MPEG-4 (H.264), videos can be displayed in any compatible browser. In addition, users can open and edit their HTML5 videos in other HTML5 authoring applications.
- New! Screen recording: With the new screen recording tools, users can create polished screencasts complete with animations, effects, music, titles and voice-overs. Produce professional training DVDs or export them directly to YouTube™, Facebook®, Flickr®, or formats including MPEG-2, MPEG-4 (H.264) and WebM.
- New! Multimedia tracks: VideoStudio Pro X5 supports up to 21 video or graphic tracks, two title or subtitle tracks, and four audio tracks.
- New! Advanced multi-core acceleration: VideoStudio Pro X5 employs multi-threading to fully harness the processing power of today’s multi-core PCs. By assigning different software procedures to different cores, X5 generates speed gains that are significantly more pronounced than simply enabling the additional memory addressing capabilities of 64-bit systems.
- New! Import multi-layer graphics: Users can now add multi-layered Corel® PaintShop™ Pro graphics to their movies by simply dragging a graphic to the Timeline. VideoStudio Pro X5 automatically adds each layer of the graphic as a separate track in the timeline allowing users to apply effects and filters to individual layers to create unique animation effects.
- New! Canon DSLR support for Stop Motion: VideoStudio Pro X5 provides new support for Canon DSLR cameras for creating stop-motion animations. Users can connect their DSLR to their PC or laptop with a USB cable.
- New! 3D video import: VideoStudio Pro X5 now supports 3D webcam capture; enabling users to easily import and edit 3D video formats, such as Multiview Video Coding (MVC) and Multiple Picture Object (MPO).
- New! Template organization: VideoStudio Pro X5 lets users make movies quickly from templates. The Library now includes an Instant Project tab, which makes templates easier than ever to browse, preview, and select.
- New & Enhanced! Corel® Guide: This web-connected in-product resource delivers 24-7 access to online training videos, templates, help, product updates, additional paid content, training videos and much more.
Corel® VideoStudio® Pro X5 Ultimate
Also today, Corel announced the release of VideoStudio Pro X5 Ultimate. For editors looking to take their productions to the next level, this premium version offers a range of high-end plug-ins from proDAD, Boris and NewBlue®, providing users with over $500 in additional value. Thanks to these additions users can add broadcast-quality effects, 2D and 3D titling, apply animated pen effects, and fix even the shakiest video with image correction and video stabilization. VideoStudio Pro X5 Ultimate gives users even more ways to create content-rich and professional looking movies.
Corel VideoStudio Pro X5 is available immediately as an electronic download (ESD) from Corel in English, Japanese, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese. Box versions will be available from Corel’s global resellers after March 21, 2012. North American suggested retail pricing (SRP) is $79.99 (US and CDN). Users of VideoStudio Pro X3 or higher are eligible for upgrade pricing of $59.99. Commercial and education volume licenses are also available.
VideoStudio Pro X5 Ultimate is also available at Corel and at resellers including Best Buy for SRP $99.99 or $79.99 (US and CDN) for an upgrade. Resellers may sell for less.
To download a free fully-functional trial version or for more information about Corel VideoStudio Pro X5, please visit the videostudio page.