Global’s original series Canada Sings (@CanadaSingsTV) returns to television and to the hearts of Canadians coast-to-coast this year with 12 new teams and a fresh face on the judging panel. The show that transforms ordinary workmates into glee club performers welcomes the addition of Toronto native and music video vixen, Laurieann Gibson (@iamboomkack). Laurieann will sit alongside returning Canada Sings judges Rob Van Winkle (@vanillaice) and Jann Arden (@jannarden) to give her insight on which teams have the right stuff on the stage.
A seasoned industry professional, Laurieann has directed and choreographed music videos for top artists including Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Nicki Minaj, Katy Perry, Mary J. Blige, Beyoncé, Keri Hilson and Lady Gaga to name a few. No stranger to television, Laurieann stars in her own cable shows The Dance Scene and Born to Dance, which she also executive produces. Laurieann has also made appearances on many hit TV series including Making the Band, Starmaker, Skating with the Stars, So You Think You Can Dance, and appeared in the hit movie Honey, based on her life as a dancer.
“With double the amount of entries from last year, we know Canadians are excited for the show’s return,” said Barbara Williams, SVP, Content, Shaw Media. “It’s amazing to watch everyday co-workers come together in this unique way for charities they truly believe in. We’re looking forward to getting to know this year’s teams as well as sharing in their triumphs, challenges and of course all the great performances.”
Also, returning this season as Host is ET Canada’s Hollywood Correspondent, Matte Babel (@thisisbabel) who will make his way back home to emcee the show from the new and improved Canada Sings stage.
Unique to Canada Sings, competing teams sing and dance for a donation to the charity of their choice. Season two glee clubs and charities include:
- WestJet – “Cabin Pressure” (Calgary) – Charity: Alberta Children’s Hospital
- Stampede Casino – “Deal With It” (Calgary) – Charity: Plan Canada
- Dumas Mining – “Dumas Rocks” (Timmins) – Charity: CNIB Lake Joseph Centre
- GO Transit – “GO Glee” (Toronto) – Charity: United Way
- Elmwood Spa – “InSPAration” (Toronto) – Charity: YWCA Elm Centre
- OPP – “OPP Project Glee” (Orillia) – Charity: Dave Mounsey Memorial Fund
- Ontario Science Centre – “OSCillations” (Toronto) – Charity: Adopt-A-Class
- Peel Children’s Aid – “Positively Peel” (Mississauga) – Charity: Peel Children’s Aid Foundation
- Royal Canadian Air Force – “Super Sonic” (Winnipeg) – Charity: Soldier On Fund
- Purdy’s Chocolate – “Sweet Day” (Vancouver) – Charity: MS Society
- CAA – “The Associates” (Thornhill) – Charity: SickKids Foundation
- RBC – “The Bank Notes” (Toronto) – Charity: RBC Blue Water Project
“We’re so excited to launch our second season of Canada Sings. It’s the ultimate feel-good show,” said John Brunton, Executive Producer, Insight Production Company Ltd. “We’re thrilled to have a superstar choreographer from the world of Pop, Hip Hop and Dance joining our judging panel this year. Laurieann Gibson has worked with such renowned artists as Nicki Minaj, Lady Gaga, Beyoncé and P. Diddy.”
Canada Sings is a one-hour original series that challenges Canadians to form glee clubs with their co-workers and compete in a head-to-head battle against another workplace glee team for their charity of choice. Canada Sings is created and produced by Insight Productions in association with Shaw Media.