This month, attend Profit By Design to unlock the power of design for your business with this intimate gathering of design and business innovators. Taking place at Emily Carr University of Art and Design in Vancouver this February 24th and 25th, Profit By Design is an exclusive two day product development and innovation conference and workshop. Experience unprecedented access as some of North America’s leading ‘Design First’ corporations divulge their business innovation, leadership methods, and practices of signature success.
‘Profit By Design’ is an event tailored specifically for corporate and organization strategists. Whether initiating product service systems, R&D, business innovation, capital investment (angels & VCs) or government programs promoting Canada’s value added agenda, ‘Profit By Design’ will inspire you with stimulating presentations and provide interactive workshops with some of the best designers, business minds and investment gurus in Canada.
Learn and share:
- How top companies drive product innovation
- Best practices in developing an integrated product/service system
- How to build an effective product or service innovation team
- Leadership methods that catalyze creative thinking
- Case studies of successful product and service innovation
- How to apply design thinking to a wide range of business and strategy challenges
This event is a unique opportunity for business leaders to engage with top designers, market leading companies, and investors who know how to profit by design. Creative Led Innovation is now a key driver for business success: by convening design and business leaders in a series of interactive workshops and stimulating presentations, Profit by Design will help you connect with the business models, thinking and leaders that will drive innovation in your company. Join us for two exciting days with some of the best designers, business minds and investment gurus — and discover how you can profit by design.
- W. Brett Wilson – Dragon’s Den panelist and host of Risky Business TV
- Bill Tam – President, CEO BCTIA
- Brian Paschke – Sr. Industrial Designer, Research in Motion
- Christopher Rudwal – Designer: Design & Innovation, Bombardier Recreational Products Inc.
- Etienne Guay – Director of Design & Innovation, Bombardier Recreational Products Inc.
- Geoff Catherwood – Partner, BDC Venture Capital
- Jill Chatwood – Director of Design Lululemon Athletica
- John Bandringa – Intermec Sr. Director of Corporate Design
- Mike Volker – Green Angel & Tech Innovator
- Todd Wood – Senior Vice President of Design – Research in Motion
- George Rubin – President, Day4Energy Inc.
- Brad Lowe- Wireless Accelerator Architect, Wavefront
- Alexandra Samuel – CEO, Social Signal and Director of Social and Interactive Media Centre, Emily Carr University of Art and Design
Profit By Design is organized by the Association of Canadian industrial Designers [ACID] and the Emily Carr University of Art + Design [ECUAD], with support and co-sponsorship from professional associations in Canada. Tickets are on sale now, and range in price (and access) from $100.00 to 350.00