ICEsoft Technologies Inc., a supplier of open source technologies for enterprise, is has announced the release of ICEfaces 3.0, an open-source Rich Internet Application (RIA) solution for enterprise. Based on Java Server Faces (JSF) 2, ICEfaces provides developers with the most comprehensive JSF component offering built on top of a powerful, standards-based framework capable of innovative features such as Ajax Push and Automatic Ajax.
What’s New in ICEfaces 3
Notable new features in this release of ICEfaces include, the most advanced and feature rich data table in the industry, and the ability to extend ICEfaces application beyond the desktop into mobile environments using ICEmobile.
ICEfaces 3 provides a number of powerful enhancements over previous releases:
- Over 40 new ACE components
- The most sophisticated data table supporting features such as:
- Single and Multi-Row sort, filtering, and search functionality
- In-Cell editing
- Collapsible columns
- Advanced lazy loading enabling 3 million+ records to be loaded in seconds
- Column reordering, pagination, and scrollability
- Data export of all or selected rows
- And much more…
- ThemeRoller integration to allow quick and easy alterations to CSS themes
- Support for MyFaces 2.1 allowing ICEfaces to extend JSF 2 functionality to JDK 1.5 based application servers and portal containers.
- Increased control and flexibility to dictate client-side vs. server-side processing.
- Performance enhancements for IE 7/8
- Mobility extensions via ICEmobile that allow developers to easily extend their applications to the mobile environment, while tapping into powerful new features and capabilities.
“When we developed ICEfaces 3 we did so with two objectives in mind; reduce enterprise development and support costs, and deliver exciting new capabilities to our developer community.” says Brian McKinney, President and CEO of ICEsoft. “I think ICEfaces 3 delivers on both counts. ICEfaces 3 significantly reduces application development and support costs, and our users will be thrilled with our mobility extensions and with the new additions to the component library.”
ICEfaces 3 is available for download now and is free to use and distribute under the Apache 2 open source license. Developers can access documentation, user guides, and more than 70 new tutorials and code examples available throughout the site. They can also tap into the 150,000+ ICEfaces developer community that are active on the ICEsoft forums.