A state-of-the-art downtown venue, new dates and fresh celebrity guests mark the third Wizard World Toronto Comic Con, which today announced its standout lineup scheduled to attend the event, April 14-15 at Metro Toronto Convention Centre (MTCC). Popular screen stars Paul Wesley, Jeri Ryan, Scott Bakula and Amy Acker will be joined by WWE® Superstar Edge® and dozens of standout celebs and talented comic book artists and writers at the convention, which promises to be even bigger and better in 2012.
Bakula (“Star Trek: Enterprise,” “Quantum Leap”) and Acker (“Angel,” “The Cabin in the Woods”) will appear both days, while Wesley (“The Vampire Diaries,” “24”), Ryan (“Star Trek: Voyager,” “Boston Public”) and Edge® are scheduled to attend on Saturday only.
“Toronto and the entire region have embraced Wizard World Toronto Comic Con over the past two years, and we’re excited to bring a first-class event to the Metro Toronto Convention Centre,” said John Macaluso, Wizard World Board of Directors. “From well-known, relevant stars like Paul Wesley and Jeri Ryan and classic and cult actors and actresses to an outstanding collection of big-time artists and a unique array of exhibitors and vendors, there’s something for everyone.”
The event, produced by Wizard World, Inc. will bring together thousands of fans of all ages and dozens of celebrities and industry professionals to celebrate the best in pop-fi, pop culture, movies, graphic novels, comics, toys, video gaming, television, sci-fi, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more.
Wizard World shows always have top-notch comics creators on hand, and Toronto Comic Con boasts one of the most impressive rosters ever. Headlining the group are:
- Mike Deodato Jr. (“Amazing Spider-Man” “Wonder Woman”)
- “Jock” (“Detective Comics,” “Batman”)
- John McCrea (“Hitman,” “Transmetropolitan”)
- Javi Fernandez (“Flashpoint: The Outsider,” “Captain America: First Vengeance”)
- Dale Keown (“Hulk,” “The Pitt”)
- Tyler Kirkham (“Green Lantern Corps,” “Blackest Night”)
- Marcus To (“The Huntress,” “The Authority”)
- Ken Lashley (“Batwing,” “Avengers”)
- David Mack (“Kabuki,” “Daredevil”)
- Greg Tocchini (“Batman and Robin,” “Hulk”)
- Michael Golden (“Batman,” “Spider-Man”)
- Greg Horn (“Spider-Man: Turn off the Dark,” “X-Force”)
- Arthur Suydam (“Marvel Zombies,” “Army of Darkness”)
Other popular celebrity guests scheduled for Toronto include:
- Colin Ferguson (“Eureka,” “The Opposite of Sex”)
- Sean Maher (“Serenity,” “Firefly”)
- Jeremy Bulloch (“Star Wars: Episode V, VI, III,” “Doctors”)
- Sam Witwer (“Smallville,” THE MIST), Sam Huntington (‘Superman Returns,” “Fanboys”)
- Meaghan Rath (“Being Human,” “Lost and Deliriu)
- Catherine Mary Stewart (“Weekend at Bernie’s,” “The Last Starfighter”)
Children and adult attendees are encouraged to come dressed as their favorite villain, superhero or pop culture personality for the chance to win special prizes in costume contests. Event-goers may also try their hand interactive product exhibits and shop for collectible comics, movie and television memorabilia, toys and games at scores of dealer booths.
Toronto Comic Con is scheduled as the second stop on Wizard World’s 2012 North American tour. Hours are:
- Saturday, April 14, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Sunday, April 15, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Tickets are available in advance online at a savings over tickets purchased at the door. Advance adult single-day tickets are priced at $25 ($38 on site) and two-day tickets are $40 ($55 on site). Tickets are free for children age 10 and under when accompanied by a paid adult (limit two children per adult). VIP packages with special entry and exclusive items are also available on a limited basis.