The spotlight is on as the nation’s largest talent search series gets underway with the eagerly-awaited premiere of Canada’s Got Talent. Citytv has unveiled the full episodic breakdown for the 11-week, 22-episode, all-new Canadian edition of the international Got Talent franchise. Canada’s Got Talent airs Sundays at 8 p.m. local time and Mondays at 7 p.m. local time, beginning Sunday, March 4 on Citytv. The first-ever Canada’s Got Talent winner will be revealed in the live season finale on May 14.
Encore presentations of each week’s Sunday and Monday shows will be available on Citytv, OMNI Television, Rogers On Demand, and Citytv.com. On Citytv, the encores can be seen Saturday evenings in prime time (check local listings) beginning March 10, while on OMNI.1, OMNI Alberta and OMNI BC, the encores air Sundays beginning March 11, with back-to-back episodes at 4 p.m. ET/MT (OMNI.1 and OMNI Alberta) and 6 p.m. PT (OMNI BC). Viewers can also catch up on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch by downloading the free Citytv video app on iTunes Canada.
In the first seven episodes of the series, celebrity judges Martin Short, Measha Brueggergosman and Stephan Moccio scour the country in search of the most talented act during an exhilarating six-city audition tour that includes Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Halifax, and Montreal. Canadian hopefuls of all ages and all talents perform in an attempt to impress the judges and advance in the competition.
In a special episode on March 26, the judges deliberate behind closed doors and decide which acts will move on to compete in the live semifinals. Thirty-six acts will advance to the semis – six acts per week over six weeks. In the live, one-hour performance shows on Sundays at 8 p.m. local time, six acts will take centre stage to show the judges, host Dina Pugliese, the studio audience, and all of Canada what makes them arguably the nation’s top performer.
In the weekly results show, airing Mondays at 7 p.m. local time, two semifinalists will advance – one selected by viewers and one selected by the judges. In addition, the highest vote-getter of the Top 20 acts from the YouTube Last Chance Auditions, sponsored by Nissan, plus one act selected by the judges, will be revealed in the first live results show on April 3.
The competition intensifies when the Top 12 finalists face off in a special two-hour, live episode on May 13 at 8 p.m. local time. The finalists give it their all for one last chance to impress the judges and the nation to earn the ultimate title of Canada’s most talented act. Then it all comes down to one, with the winner being crowned on the season finale on May 14 at 7 p.m. local time.
The winner of Canada’s Got Talent will receive a substantial grand prize package, including a brand-new Nissan GT-R. Valued at approximately $105,000, the GT-R is Nissan’s newest premier supercar with exclusive availability throughout Canada. Additional prizing will be unveiled during the broadcast. Information regarding the voting process, digital engagement, and a robust national trade campaign will be announced in the coming weeks.
The full episode rollout is as follows (all times local and subject to change):
- Sunday, March 4 at 8 p.m. – Series Premiere/Toronto Auditions (Part One)
- Monday, March 5 at 7 p.m. – Calgary Auditions
- Sunday, March 11 at 8 p.m. – Vancouver Auditions (Part One)
- Monday, March 12 at 7 p.m. – Toronto Auditions (Part Two)
- Sunday, March 18 at 8 p.m. – Winnipeg Auditions
- Monday, March 19 at 7 p.m. – Halifax Auditions/Vancouver Auditions (Part Two)
- Sunday, March 25 at 8 p.m. – Montreal Auditions
- Monday, March 26 at 7 p.m. – The Cutdown: Judges Choose and Reveal Semifinalists
- Monday, April 2 at 9 p.m. *Special Date and Time* – Semifinal Round One: Performance (LIVE)
- Tuesday, April 3 at 7 p.m. *Special Date and Time*– Semifinal Round One: Results and Top YouTube Acts from Last Chance Auditions are Revealed (LIVE)
- Sunday, April 8 at 8 p.m. – Semifinal Round Two: Performance (LIVE)
- Monday, April 9 at 7 p.m. – Semifinal Round Two: Results (LIVE)
- Sunday, April 15 at 8 p.m. – Semifinal Round Three: Performance (LIVE)
- Monday, April 16 at 7 p.m. – Semifinal Round Three: Results (LIVE)
- Sunday, April 22 at 8 p.m. – Semifinal Round Four: Performance (LIVE)
- Monday, April 23 at 7 p.m. – Semifinal Round Four: Results (LIVE)
- Sunday, April 29 at 8 p.m. – Semifinal Round Five: Performance (LIVE)
- Monday, April 30 at 7 p.m. – Semifinal Round Five: Results (LIVE)
- Sunday, May 6 at 8 p.m. – Semifinal Round Six: Performance (LIVE)
- Monday, May 7 at 7 p.m. – Semifinal Round Six: Results (LIVE)
- Sunday, May 13 at 8 p.m. *Two-Hour Episode* – Top 12 Finalists Perform (LIVE)
- Monday, May 14 at 7 p.m. – Canada’s Got Talent Winner is Revealed (LIVE)
Canada’s Got Talent is the largest national talent search in Canadian television history and features a colourful array of hopeful stars, including comedians, contortionists, impressionists, jugglers, magicians, ventriloquists, dancers and singers all vying for a chance to perform on national television and win the coveted title. This original series is a tribute to the rich talents that define and characterize Canada’s diversity.
Tim Hortons, Nissan Canada Inc. and Rogers Communications Inc. are founding partners of Canada’s Got Talent, with multiplatform sponsorship integration and execution across television, online, mobile and on-site presence.