Email filtering experts Roaring Penguin Software Inc., makers of the acclaimed CanIt-PRO, CanIt-Domain-PRO, CanIt Archiver and Hosted CanIt anti-spam and email archiving solutions, announce the release of CanIt 8.0.12.
Setting up an e-mail server requires many small decisions with high potential for configuration errors. CanIt 8.0.12 identifies unexpected problems (for example, errors communicating with LDAP servers or back-end SMTP servers). These problems are logged in the Web interface. If they are severe enough, administrators are e-mailed nightly.
In addition to the monitoring feature, CanIt can now inspect ZIP files. Spammers are using ZIP archives to deliver phishing attacks and this new feature allows filename extension rules are applied to filenames found within zip archives as well as directly within the email.
CanIt Archiver adds two major new features: You can now reply to an archived message from within the CanIt web interface and CanIt Archiver can now import existing archives in mbox or .pst format.
CanIt Archiver, “The Uninterruptible Email Supply”, is a highly-configurable email archiving solution focused on email continuity. CanIt Archiver ensures that email is accessible in the event of a mail server outage and queues email to ensure that it is delivered when mail service is restored. CanIt Archiver is also available as a Hosted Email Archiving Service.
CanIt 8.0.12 is available as:
* CanIt-PRO, an anti-spam software solution suitable for small and medium-sized businesses.
* CanIt-Domain-PRO, spam filtering software for MSPs to host anti-spam for their customers.
* Hosted CanIt, a fully outsourced, hosted anti-spam service.
* CanIt Archiver, email archiving software.
* Hosted CanIt Archiver, a fully outsourced, hosted email archiving service.