Now shipping, the ViXS XCode® 5100 family, the first commercially deployed, quad stream HD transcoder, sets a new milestone as ViXS delivers over 30 Million XCode Multimedia Processors. With unsurpassed performance, ultra low latency and a suite of application software, the XCode® 5100 family is the smart network multimedia processor of choice for delivering the Connected Digital Home experience today.
“With the support of manufacturers seeking to address the ever-increasing demand for multiple streams of video within the home, the XCode 5100 family has gained significant traction globally since its launch”, said Sally Daub, President & CEO of ViXS. “The XCode 5100 family, deployed with pioneering patented and proprietary technology, has truly set a new standard with its ability to process and transcode multiple HD streams, and to do multiple concurrent operations on each of those streams”.
XCode network media processors, now extending tothe new XCode 5100 family which includes the 5106, 5115, 5190, 5191 5195, and 5196, have been designed into headed gateways, advanced Set-top boxes, headless gateways, residential gateways, and standalone media gateways. Bolstered by the deployed and robust Xtensiv™ software, and the XCode family’s unique applications hosting capabilities, this family is highly adaptable and suited to the functional requirements of its challenging target markets. Supported by comprehensive advanced security architecture, the XCode 5100 family is proving to be the logical media processor choice for today’s demanding customer applications.
Some of the features include:
- High level of concurrency allowing customers to enable whole home DVR; place-shifting; and content consumption on iPAD® and other smart phone tablet devices.
- Multi stream Real-time HD to HD transcoding and mirror transcoding, trans-wrapping, and transcryption to serve multiple Internet Protocol (IP) based devices within the home.
- Faster than real-time transcode on stored content which allows the user to stream content from one source to another in a fraction of the time it takes to play this back real time from the stored media.
- Ultra low latency for wireless and streaming applications within the home.
- Advanced security processor architecture to enable security for leading digital rights management providers (DRM), Conditional Access providers (CA), and leading broadcast operators.
- Supports concurrent full HD 1080p 60/50 encoding with transcoding.
- Incorporates face detection algorithms for Video Conferencing & Surveillance applications
- ViXS patented VQoS (video quality of service) implementation for maintaining video quality in bandwidth constrained networks.
- Integrated MoCA with its own dedicated high performance processor
- Dedicated TCP/IP Processor Engine supporting Dual Gigabit Ethernet for high network performance.
- Integration of Cable Industry Cablecard security with proved certified security software stack
- Comprehensive peripheral suite including PCI-Express, multiple Serial ATA and USB peripherals.
- ViXS Xtensiv™ Software Stack which allows customers faster time-to-market and greatly reduces required engineering resources.
- 40 nanometer process node in flip chip technology.
ViXS will be demonstrating XCode 5100 customer based solutions in its booth at CES 2012 Las Vegas Convention Center in MP25958, South Hall 2.