Awarded “Most Anticipated Game of 2012” at the Spike TV VGAs two weeks ago, Mass EffectTM 3 features gripping musical arrangements directed by returning composers and leading artists in entertainment. The soundtrack sets the captivating tone for hero Commander Shepard’s struggle to take Earth back from an alien race known as the Reapers.
Like previous Mass Effect games, a number of talented composers will play critical roles in the game’s musical development, with direction led by BioWare’s acclaimed audio team. The roster of composers for Mass Effect 3 includes:
- Clint Mansell, Golden Globe nominatedHollywood composer recognized for scoring celebrated films including Black Swan, The Wrestler and Requiem for a Dream.
- Christopher Lennertz, Emmy nominated Hollywood composer known for his work on the recent movie Horrible Bosses, also composed Mass Effect 2: Overlord, Mass Effect 2: Lair of the Shadow Broker, and won the Interactive Academy Award for Medal of Honor.
- Cris Velasco, known for composing the God of War series’ score, has also worked on downloadable content Mass Effect 2: Kasumi and Mass Effect 2: Arrival.
- Sam Hulick, veteran to the Mass Effect series having composed the score for Mass Effect, Mass Effect: Bring Down the Sky and Mass Effect 2.
- Sascha Dikiciyan, video game industry veteran, known for composing the score for TRON: Evolution and the scores of Mass Effect 2: Kasumi and Mass Effect 2: Arrival.
“The magic of BioWare games has always been the emotional power of the story, so music is extremely important to the experience,” said Casey Hudson, Executive Producer of the Mass Effect series. “With Mass Effect 3, we’re taking players on a more personal journey, even though the scope is bigger than ever – an all-out galactic war! Each composer has played an intricate role in delivering the combination of epic scope and delicate emotion that will make Mass Effect 3 the best game in the series.”
The Mass Effect franchise is set in a science fiction universe blending world-class shooter combat with interactive and cinematic storytelling and space exploration. It is one of the most highly decorated series in the history of games, having earned over 200 international awards including the 2011 AIAS Interactive Achievement Award for Game of the Year for Mass Effect 2. Mass Effect 3 enhances all elements of gameplay from its critically acclaimed predecessors and tells the epic story of Commander Shepard and his journey to unite the galaxy against an unstoppable force destroying life as we know it.