New Media Manitoba and Nordicity have announced a groundbreaking New Media Census for the province of Manitoba. Whether your company is one or one hundred people strong, you are an important part of the industry in Manitoba — and NMM wants to make sure that you’re counted!
This Census will be the first time that anyone has succeeded in determining the impact New Media has on this province. The answers you provide in this census will directly answer the question of “Why does your work matter,” and “why should anyone care about New Media?”
If you believe your work in New Media stands for something in Manitoba, then let’s show it! Click on the link “Start Census Now”. Take a few minutes to answer and define your role in this awesome New Media Industry.
When you’re done, you will be directed back to our interactive forum where you can:
- Share the link to the survey with others using your favourite social network
- use the #NMMcensus hashtag to be heard on Twitter
- Discuss Manitoba’s new media industry with fellow practitioners
- Brag about how awesome you are for completing the questionnaire
What kind of impact will this survey have?
We will use the results of this survey – combined with secondary research, interview data and a detailed economic impact analysis – to:
- Show why new media matters and why people should care about the new media industry in Manitoba
- Improve and enhance and support programs for our industry—like the Manitoba Interactive Digital Media Tax Credit (MIDMTC) and the Commercialization Support for Business Program (CSB Program)
- Develop a provincial digital media strategy
- Assess our industry’s impact and influence on the Manitoba economy
- Guide the way the industry grows, in and outside of Manitoba
Where do I find the results?
As the Manitoba New Media Census begins to collect important data, we will compile and share the results anonymously here so you can discover the impact your work has in this province and why it’s so important.
All of this information will be shared through our interactive forum – so check back often. All of your responses to the survey will be kept strictly confidential and will only be presented (to NMM or anyone else) in aggregate.