A new type of horror comes to Xbox 360 and PS3 on March 20, 2012 when Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City launches in North America, with the PC version set for release soon after. Fans who pre-order the game with GameStop, Amazon, or Best Buy will receive one additional costume for each of the six playable characters in Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, along with two bonus weapons that are unique for each retailer.
A Special Edition of Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City will also be available featuring a copy of the Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City game, a Steelbook with exclusive art, stylized foil sleeve, Umbrella Security Service embroidered patch, Spec Ops Field Unit embroidered patch, and all 8 bonus weapons. Note: as of this posting, the online stores are not yet showing listings for a Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Collector’s Edition – they will probably be added next week.
Developed by Vancouver’s Slant Six Games for Capcom, fans can expect a third person shooter team-based experience set in the dark and sinister Resident Evil universe, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City where players take on the role of an Umbrella Security Service soldier (U.S.S.) in a thrilling triple-threat battle as zombies and favorite B.O.W. (bio-organic weapon) enemies from the Resident Evil series add to the challenge.
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City delivers a true third person team based shooter experience set within the dark and sinister Resident Evil® universe. Not only does this setting provide a rich backdrop to the action but it fosters a unique and thrilling triple-threat battle scenario for the game modes. Zombies and Bio-Organic Weapons (B.O.W’s) add to the mix as players compete against their team’s opposing squad but also tackle this third unpredictable element that could only exist in the twisted Resident Evil universe. The result is a brand new style of gameplay that breaks the conventions of traditional third person shooters.
It is September 1998 and the action focuses on the ill-fated Raccoon City and the horrific consequences of the deadly T-virus outbreak. With a cover up required, Umbrella orders an elite team into Raccoon City to destroy all evidence of its involvement. Meanwhile the US Government has quarantined the city and dispatched its own team of elite soldiers to determine the source of the mysterious outbreak. Caught up in the action are rookie police officer Leon S. Kennedy and Claire Redfield. Players take on the role of an Umbrella Security Service (U.S.S) Soldier and battle against all the competing forces at play in Raccoon City.
Choose from six characters, each one equipped with a unique skill set, including the female field scientist Four-Eyes who can manipulate the T-virus and take control of the B.O.W’s raiding the streets of Raccoon City or the weapons expert and U.S.S team captain Lupo.
• Team based shooter set in the dark and sinister Resident Evil universe.
• Triple threat battle as zombies and B.O.W’s add an unpredictable twist to the action.
• Control the truth solo or with up to three friends as an Umbrella Security Service squad member in a story driven Campaign mode.
• Choose from six U.S.S. characters, each with their own unique skill set and roles.
• Return of favorite Resident Evil enemies, iconic landmarks and characters, such as Leon S. Kennedy.
• Rewrite the history of the Raccoon City outbreak. Relive the iconic crash scene from Resident Evil® 2 as Leon S. Kennedy desperately tries to escape from the clutches of the Umbrella Security Services.
• For the first time ever in Resident Evil history, your character risks infection from the hordes of zombies making their way through the city.
• Competitive online multiplayer modes provide a unique gaming experience thanks to the triple threat battle between the Umbrella Security Service, US Special Ops and threat of zombies and B.O.W’s.