• Signature Beijing, located at the IBM Tower at Pacific Century Place, has been sold with operational turnover having taken place on October 14th. With this sale, Signature has exited the Chinese language sports marketplace after eight years. Chinese language content for fashion television will now be produced in Europe at Signature Entertainment.
• Final minority ownership interests in Signature Las Vegas and Signature Los Angeles have been sold. These two independent companies are service providers of entertainment, planning and logistical needs for casinos and special events and entertainment venues since the early 1990’s when Christina Saint Marche established their individual corporate structures and operations.
• Signature Montreal, which is located at 1000 Rue de la Gauchetière Ouest has been closed as of October 1st. The company has decided to leave the French Canadian news and local sports marketplace after nine years of operations. The French Canadian fashion content has been merged with Signature’s European operations.
• Signature Entertainment, based in Canada for the last 11 years, has started its planned expansion into producing fashion television content and shows for international audiences in various languages. The company has had a level of success in the “real time” fashion broadcast marketplace, as well as the production of individual stories on designers and fashion trends.
• Signature Entertainment Europe will continue to expand its film distribution operations into multi-language countries on the European continent.
• School of Rock Entertainment, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Signature Entertainment, will begin to expand its operations into a registered music college, which will be based in Southern Ontario, Canada. The music college will focus on helping independent bands and singers worldwide in establishing their own label and controlling their own careers with respect to music, video, marketing, touring and all aspects that are attached to the music industry. School of Rock believes it is the first of its kind in this arena, as it will offer an on campus educational facility as well as an on-line school. The educators for the college will come from the music, legal, accounting and film industry fields. Chance Saint Marche will be heading up the School of Rock division for Signature Entertainment.
“Signature Entertainment has come a very long way since my mother founded this company but it is time to return to our roots, that being music and the visual aspect that is attached to music industry” stated Chance Saint Marche. “Our goal with School of Rock is to establish a “one stop” educational institution whereby bands and singers can educate themselves enough to control their entire music enterprise. It’s Lady Gaga in a teaching syllabus, so to speak.”